Love is Weakness // The Underworld

"Come on," Regina said to Kyla. Kyla was sitting on the couch with Rider, as close as she could be. With this new information, she wanted to stay as close to him as possible. The fear of losing him was growing and she couldn't imagine being away from him for any time. 

"What?" She asked, not understanding. 

"We need to have a talk. Come with me to Granny's," Regina said, holding out her hand to Kyla. Kyla looked at Rider. 

"I'm okay," Kyla answered. Regina rolled her eyes and grabbed Kyla's hand on her own, pulling her to her feet. 

"Let's go," Regina said. 

"I want Rider to come," she said, turning back to him. Regina shook her head. 

"He's a big boy. He'll be fine with the Charmings. Now, just come with me. Please?" 

Kyla sighed. The word "please" was never easy for Regina. Rider stood up, gently pulled Kyla to him and kissed her. 

"I'll see you when you get back," he said with a smile. 

Kyla's eyes narrowed at him. He was feeling relieved and optimistic. 

He knew what Regina wanted. 

They were silent on their way to the diner. Kyla couldn't take her mind off of Pan. She needed to come up with a plan and in order to do so, she needed to trust Rumple. 

Her task was impossible. 

Eventually, they were sitting in a booth, both with a warm cup of coffee. 

"What's on your mind?" Regina asked sincerely. Kyla didn't look up at her. Instead, she stared at the cup.

"Honestly, that they serve hot coffee here in the Underworld. I mean, why do they need to eat or drink here? Everyone's dead." 

"Stop deflecting," Regina said. 

Kyla finally met her gaze at that point. 

"I'm tired," she answered. 

"Not good enough," Regina said, taking a sip. 

Kyla thought for a moment. Regina had no tie to anyone except Robin. If she asked her to keep a secret, she would. Especially because Pan was just targeting Kyla, no one else. 

"I understand that you're upset about Hook," Regina said quietly, which shut Kyla down. 

"But?" Kyla said, knowing that a lecture was coming.

Yet, Regina shook her head. "No but. You do have to understand, however, that Emma doesn't see him as a villain right now. Nor does your sister." 

"I do understand that," Kyla said. "Honestly, I wish I didn't see him as a villain."

"If he hadn't tried to..." Regina trailed off. 

"You can say it," Kyla urged. "He tried to kill me." 

"Right," Regina said. "Would you be on board?" 

"I'm already on board," Kyla said. "I'm here, aren't I?" 

"But you're not all here. I can see you're losing your fight." 

"I lost my fight when Killian put Excalibur through me. Or it might have been when Maleficent kidnapped Rider, placing him under a sleeping curse and no one seemed to care."

"Fair enough," Regina said. "And I'm sorry about Rider. I really am. You did everything you could to save Robin in Camelot and I couldn't take a few minutes out of my day to help you. We were being insensitive."