Queen // Neverland

*present*

The Jolly Roger landed in the rough waters that surrounded Neverland. Emma was speaking with her parents while Kyla stood next to Hook, who was steering the ship. 

"This is not a good idea," she muttered. 

"Oh, believe me, love, I know," he agreed. 

"What do we tell them?" She asked, looking at the Charmings. 

"Nothing too detailed," he answered. "I understand why you don't want them to know of your past on this island, but you may not be able to hide it once we're there. Especially once he discovers you're there." 

"He already knows," she snapped in a whisper. "He always knows."

Then, a distant cry caught Kyla's attention. It was followed by others echoing it. It was becoming nightfall, though the sun didn't rise or set. A shiver shot down her spine as the noise became louder and louder in her ear. 

"Rapunzel," Hook said, but it was a muffled sound. Kyla was still staring off at the sea, searching for the island. "Rapunzel!" He said again, snapping her out of her trance. She looked up at him, the cries silenced in her head. 

"Yeah," she said, "yeah, he definitely knows I'm here." 

Regina, then, walked over, anger rising in her system. "Why are you slowing down?" She scolded. "In case you didn't know, my son's life is in danger." 

"Oh, I know, my hotheaded Queen," Hook said which made Kyla crack a smile. "My plan is to bring us to the far side of the island, link up with the widest part of the river," he explained. Kyla nodded as she understood. "We sail right through-"

"And take him by surprise," she finished. Hook nodded. 

"Just because he knows you'll be here, it doesn't mean he knows you brought your whole family," Hook said, winking at her. 

"Shut up," she sneered. 

"Who knows you're here?" Regina asked. 

"It's a long story," Kyla explained. "One that will be shared with you all very soon, I'm sure."

"Will it help find Henry?" 

"Nope," she answered quickly. 

Hook was shaking his head to himself. When Kyla looked up at him, he smiled. "The irony," he started, "I spent more time than I care to remember trying to leave this place and to kill Rumplestiltskin. And here I am, sailing right back into its heart with him as my guest of honor. It's not quite the happy ending I was hoping for." 

Kyla and Regina were silent after the solemn realization. Then Regina's head turned. 

"Greg Mendell said something funny to me. He said I'm a villain," she said. 

"And that's a surprise to you?" Kyla asked. 

"No, but he said that villains don't get happy endings," then she looked at Hook. "Do you believe that?" 

"I hope not, or we've wasted our lives," he answered. 

That left Kyla to contemplate if the roles were reversed, if she were not a neutral being, would she be a good guy or a bad guy? Would she get her happy ending? And what kind of happy ending did she want? 

Gold appeared to them in the jacket that Rumplestiltskin wore way back in the Enchanted Forest. He interrupted Emma's conversation. 

"I'm gonna get Henry," he stated. 

"We agreed to do this together," Regina said, the anger coming back. 

While they disagreed for the moment, Kyla imagined what would happen if Gold went head to head with Pan. If he couldn't defeat Pan and save Henry, she was afraid no one could.