Who To Trust // Camelot

*a few weeks earlier*

"How are you feeilng?" Rider asked Kyla back in their room. Kyla, who was sitting in the bed, looked up at him. He was slowly pacing the room. 

"I'm fine, really," she said. He was filled with dread. "We'll take care of Emma, you know," she said, trying to ease his panic. 

"This is never going to end," he murmured. 

"Emma as the Dark One?" 

"All of this," he said, gesturing around the room. "Things were finally calming down and then the villains rolled into town, we were trapped in another dimension, not to mention the sleeping curse."

Kyla jumped out of the bed and put herself in front of him, grabbing his arms. He finally stopped moving, but he wouldn't look at her. 

"I know," she said, watching him look straight ahead. "But, hey, I have no doubt in my mind that we're going to free Merlin and get back home." 

"And save Emma," he said. 

"Yeah, well, that too, obviously." 

"I know you're still mad at them-"

"Not mad," she said, "but I'm still not 100% over what happened." 

"I get it. But I'm not the one you need to be focusing on," he said. 

She chuckled. "I can't help it. I am the Savior after all." 

He laughed, finally looking down at her. 

"Ah, the Savior." 

"I can already feel the pressure of the title weighing me down," she said with a smirk. He smiled at her sarcasm. 

"I love you," he said, reaching down to kiss her. Before their lips met, there was a knock at the door. Kyla groaned, pulling away as the door opened, revealing Snow. 

"Sorry to interrupt," Snow said in a tired voice. 

"What's wrong?" Kyla asked, immediately sensing her distress. 

"It's Emma," Snow said, her eyes on Kyla. "We need you." 

Snow led them down the hallway into the room where Robin was healed. Regina and Henry were in the room with Hook and Emma. David was nowhere to be found. Emma was lying on a small sofa. She was disassociated with her surroundings. Kyla could feel the fear in Hook's veins. 

"What happened?" Kyla asked. 

"I have no idea," Hook said, right by Emma's side. "She hasn't said a word." 

"Can you feel anything?" Snow asked. 

Kyla shook her head. "Emptiness. Any emotion she had is gone." 

"It's getting worse, isn't it?" David's voice asked from behind them. 

"David!" Snow exclaimed, "where have you been? I was looking all over the castle for you." 

"With Arthur," David said, "it turns out he might have a way to help Emma."

"We can't-" Snow started, but David continued. Kyla looked over, feeling Snow's newfound fear that wasn't directed toward Emma. 

"If we give him the dagger," David said, but Snow interrupted him. 

"We can't trust Arthur," Snow said. 

"What's that?" Kyla asked, stepping away from Emma and toward the disagreeing couple. 

"Who told you that?" David asked.