The Family She Didn't Want // Storybrooke

In being honest, the next few major events that happened in Storybrooke didn't contribute anything to Kyla's story, but we'll recap anyway:

Archie was found dead one morning after Regina had visited him for an unscheduled appointment. Emma, being the Savior, was able to see the memory of his dog who watched the whole thing unfold. Regina, however, claimed she did not commit the crime. It turned out to be Regina's mother, Cora, who they had encountered in the Enchanted Forest. Somehow, she was able to travel to Storybrooke and was causing all sorts of havoc. Regina had been MIA ever since.

Mr. Gold was getting ready to take a trip out of town to find his son that he had lost long ago, but he didn't tell anyone how he intended to cross the town line with his memory intact.

With Emma back, things were almost restored within the Sheriff's station. Kyla went back to being the Deputy, but David was still walking around thinking he was a Sheriff. Kyla spent every moment she could reminding him he wasn't. She enjoyed annoying him, like any sister would. 

Kyla, one night, received a frantic phone call from Emma. In an attempt to cross the town line, Belle was shot by a man who was then hit by a car. They all raced to the scene of the crime - Kyla, Emma and her parents - and found Gold clutching onto a fallen Belle. 

"Are you okay?!" Kyla yelled as she ran over to them. Emma was on the phone with the hospital trying to get ambulances to them quickly. 

"She crossed over the town line," Gold said as David picked him up from the ground. "She doesn't remember."

Kyla was on the ground, facing Belle toward her. Belle looked at her with empty eyes. She could feel the terror. 

"Mary Margaret," Kyla said and her sister dropped to the ground, grabbing Belle. "You got her?" She asked. Mary Margaret nodded. 

Kyla stood up and walked over to Emma who was interrogating the man who was hit by the car. He seemed to be in pain. As she approached, she immediately recognized the voice and stopped, cold. 

"Hook?" She breathed. Captain Hook looked up, still groaning from the pain. 

"Rapunzel?" He croaked, grabbing his side as Emma crouched down to feel his ribs. 

"Your ribs are broken," she said. 

"That must be why it hurts when I laugh," he joked, audibly groaning. "Did you see his face?" He said, rolling to his side. "His one true love gone in an instant! Just like Milah, crocodile, when you took her from me." 

"Oh no," Kyla muttered, instinctively moving in between the two villains. 

Gold lightly pushed Kyla out of his way and stopped in front of Hook.

"But you took her first." He said, kicking him in the face and holding him down with his cane. Emma and David tried pulling him off of Hook while Kyla stood frozen in place. 

They were able to pull him off after convincing him that it wouldn't make a very good impression on Belle if he were to kill Hook right then and there. Emma then proceeded to check on the man in the car and everyone slowly realized this man was a complete stranger with Pennsylvania plates on his car. 

He was not from their world. He was from the Land Without Magic and he found Storybrooke. 

They all rushed to the hospital, running in after an unconscious Hook and the stranger on stretchers. 

"Hide him!" Emma instructed about Hook. "Find a room and hide him!"

Mr. Gold charged in after them, but it wasn't Hook he was looking for.