𝟸𝟿

"How was you two's date last night?" Atsumu teased, pulling a chair up to your desk so you and your friends could eat lunch together.

"We actually didn't go on the date" you said, taking a bite of your lunch.

Atsumu raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean you didn't go?"

You turned to Suna for a second, but then turned back to your lunch to continue eating.

"Yeah, didn't you go right after practice ended?" Osamu asked.

Mio and Suna exchanged looks, then sighed.

"Things happened. I showed up late, we're going again tonight but I'm picking her up" Suna said.

"We have practice again, you know" Osamu reminded.

"All you guys do is practice. Practice this, practice that. Take a break" Yuki groaned.

"Tell that to our coach" Osamu deadpanned. "And Kita, too. Let's see what they'll see."

"On the other hand, I think I'll pass"

"Anyways, any plans for Christmas?" You asked.

"I have to help my brother out with a Christmas play in his school" Yuki pouted.

"And I need to help out at my parents' store. It's extra work around the holidays" Mio said.

"Your parents own a store?" Suna asked.

Mio nodded and smiled. "Yup. We have really good fresh fruit."

You looked at them two and bit your lip, quietly continuing to eat your lunch.

Then, the door to your classroom opened and Kita walked in.

"You three, gym now. Coach wants us" Kita said.

Suna and the twins nodded, getting up.

Suna kissed the top of your head before leaving and waved. "I'll be back."

You nodded and looked down at your desk while Mio watched them leave.

"He stood you up, didn't he?" Yuki asked.

"What?"

"He left you waiting" she said.

"How do you..."

"I have a gut feeling" she said. "For whatever reason he stood you up, it's dumb. He should prioritize his girlfriend first."

You slowly nodded. "Yeah.."

~•~

"Date night again?" Your mom asked, packing her purse and getting ready for work.

"Yeah." You said. "I'll be waiting outside this time for him and it's later since his practice gets out late."

"Well, don't wait out for too long, okay?" Your mom asked. "I don't want you getting a cold. Love you, I'll be back later"