26

␈˚

˚. ˚⚠︎︎◦˚.˚◦⚠︎︎˚

Leonardo

Where is she?

Glancing over at the clock I saw it was already almost four in the morning and she wasn't back yet.

Me: Are you coming home soon?

I turned on the tv scrolling through the channels when something stopped me, the news was showing the diner Isabelle works at. The one she's working at right now.

I turn up the volume, "Two dead and four injured in what seems to be a robbery gone wrong. The police have yet to reveal names for safety purposes of the civilians. We are giving our condolences..."

I didn't wait for her to finish I leapt up grabbing my keys putting on my shoes in a hurry all while dialing her number, my mind hazy.

Please not her.

The phone rang, "Hey!"

"Are you okay? I'm on my way right now, are you safe?"

I waited two more seconds, "Belle?"

"Just kidding, this is my voicemail; got you bitch," the phone beeped telling me to leave a message as I sprinted while cursing the elevator in my head all while leaving her a voicemail.

Speeding to get to her work as it came into view my nerves skyrocketed. Parking I rushed out to see her boss Laurie with a distressed look on her face, "Laurie?"

She turned towards me with tears in her eyes, "Leonardo," she held out a silver ring, "she told me to give this to you-"

I swallowed dryly now holding the silver jewelry, "Where is she?"

"I'm so sorry," she said.

"Where is she?"

"The hospital," after the words left her mouth I sprinted back to my car.

She can't be dead. No.   

My heart stopped at the thought that she could be.

I shook my head continuing driving down the road. As I stopped at the red light I leaned my head on the steering wheel cursing. I glanced over to the passenger seat where a pair of her sunglasses sat and sighed.