Planning

Man, this sucked. I wanted to go home. I missed Seema. We talked everyday but it was not enough. I needed to be near her, be close to her. I had just finished the last meeting of my day when my phone rang. I took it out to see the client, whose secretary I had just met.

"Hello Mr. Bhatt." I greeted.

"Mr. Khurana. Hi. I'm really sorry to do this but can we cut this meeting short?" he asked, all anxious.

"Everything okay?" I asked, surprised at the way his voice shook. He was a really powerful man, nothing simple would shake him in such way.

"I just got the news that my wife got hospitalized. I need to be with her." he said. It sounded like he was running.

"Oh no. What happened?" I asked, worried.

"I don't know. My brother just called me and asked to come over right away." He said, anxious.

"Please go. You didn't have to even call me. I hope it's nothing serious." I said, hoping the situation was not that worse.

"Thank you. I'll see you later" he said and cut the call abruptly.

I didn't mind. The poor man must be out of his mind.

On second thought, I was free. I went to my hotel room, packed all my stuff. It was quite late at night by the time I was done, and I had booked a flight for the early morning next day.

I called Seema, wondering if I should tell her or surprise her.

"Hello", she picked up on 4th ring.

"Hi" I said, her voice melting my heart.

"Did you eat?" she asked.

"Yes. You?" I asked making myself comfortable.

"Yeah. We went to Sagun Ji's house today for dinner." She informed.

"Sagun?" I asked, who is Sagun?

"Remember I told you about Vikash's friend? He invited all of us to his house for dinner today." she said happily.

How can I forget Vikash's friend? I thought bitterly. I don't know if it was because I was away from her, or because I only had her in my life recently, I hated when she talked about him. She spoke of him like she was in awe and that just boiled my blood.

"Did you have fun?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

I was never the jealous type, so I refused to believe this is jealousy. But I didn't like when she talked about him like he was some kind of saint.

"Yeah. He had dogs." She said, her voice dreamy at the last part.

"Yeah? You liked the dogs?" I asked, my voice softening.

I didn't know much about her interests. But I was learning now, keeping notes.

"Yes, they were so small, I could fit them in my purse." She said, her voice all mushy.

I had never seen this side of her, and I was glad, she was sharing it with me.

"You want to get dogs?" I asked.

"We can get dogs?" she asked, curious.

I'll give her anything she wants.

"Of course." I said, smiling.

"We'll talk when you get here" she said, her voice all giddy.

I laughed at her reaction.

We were both quiet for few seconds before she asked, "when are you coming back?"

It was the first time she asked me that since I came here.

Just as I was about to tell her, I changed my mind. I wanted to surprise her.

"Maybe day after tomorrow." I said, not giving fixed answer.

"Oh", was it my imagination or she sounded really disappointed.

We were again quiet and just when I was about to wish her goodnight, she quietly said, "I miss you."

My heart hammered in my chest. It was the first time she ever said anything like that and man, I liked it.

"I miss you too" I said, "I'll come back soon."

"Okay" she said, still quietly. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight" I said and cut the call.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

And, it's Friday. Wohoo. How are you guys? I hope you had a good and safe week. 

How did you like the chapter? I know it's a bit short, but the emotions on this and the next chapter are kind of different and I didn't want to break the mood. But I will be back soon with the next chapter. 

But anyway, I hope you liked it. Don't forget to leave a comment and vote. 

I'll see you guys next week. 

Be safe