Let's do this!

I placed the box wrapped in pretty wrapping paper on the dressing table and smiled thinking how she'd react. It was just a simple necklace. Well, it was expensive but gorgeous. Seema was currently downstairs, bidding goodnight to the family. They all stayed at the house because it was way pass midnight and I think people had too much food to even move an inch. I changed into the night clothes and was just placing my suit from my date back in the closet when the door to our room opened. Seema was there, tiredness evident on her face, but damn if she wasn't smiling.

I watched as she came further into the room and saw the gift on the table. She looked at me, raising her eyebrow as if asking, "is that for me?".

I nodded and leaned against the closet door, watching her.

I watched her carefully peel off the wrapping paper and her eyes went big on opening the box.

Her mouth hung open and alternated between me and the box.

"Are you serious?" she asked.

"Dead serious" I answered in all seriousness.

"But it looks so expensive" she said, frowning.

I shrugged.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"It's nothing. I haven't really given you anything all these years." I said, lamely.

"But, still, it's too much" she said, shaking her head.

"It's not." I said, firmly.

I went to her, opened the box, took out the necklace, turned her back towards me and carefully put it around her neck.

Damn, she looked beautiful.

"It's so pretty" she whispered.

"Yes" I whispered back.

"Thank you" she said, smiling.

I said, nothing, just stood close to her.

After a while, we both got tired standing and got ready for the night. We got settled in, facing each other. I watched her sleep coated eyes and didn't want to say anything further thinking she wanted to sleep. 

For the first time since we got close, she willingly made the first move. She scooted close to me and put her arm around me, settled on my chest. I was surprised, but definitely happy.

"Thank you" she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"For taking me out today. It was probably one of the best days of my life." she said, lifted her head to look at me and sighed happily.

I was both surprised and happy to see her this content.

"It was also probably one of the best days of my life" I said, pulling her even close.

Now, it's been a long time and I was a little confused on whether or not we were having a moment. You know that moment when you are not sure who leaned first, but all of a sudden you both are so close to each other, you can focus on nothing but their lips.

I was in a trance at the moment, my eyes moving between her eyes to see if she wanted this and her lips because, damn, they looked very inviting.

I'm not sure who moved first, it was probably me, but her lips crashed onto mine. All my breath left my body, and I latched to her lips like it was my only source of oxygen. It was messy, it was fast, our teeth clanked against each other, but most importantly it was full of fire. It had an urgency. It had a passion.

After fighting for dominance over the other's lips for what felt like a long time, we had to separate because apparently, one needs oxygen to live. We were both breathing heavily, still very close to each other. It was only then I noticed how our position had shifted.

She was under me, my one hand on her throat, the other still on her hips, her one hand clutching my hair and the other one around my back. Still panting, I look at her hooded eyes, swollen lips, her eyes latched to mine, and I could not help but go in once again. I brushed once, twice, thrice against her lips until she bit me.

I jerked back at the sudden motion, surprised and looked down at her to see her frowning. I looked at her questioningly.

She rolled her eyes and pulled me down to resume what had been stopped. I slowly let her take my whole weight, feet tangled, bodies intertwined and hands that just won't stop roaming.

After finally, what felt like forever, we both came from the high, laid on each side of the bed, panting, and looking at the ceiling. I felt like it was a dream and wanted to pinch myself to know that really happened.

I turn my head to look at her. Like me, she was looking up at the ceiling but had a smile on her face.

"Can we keep doing that?" her voice scared the hell out of me.

It was all quiet, me trying to wonder how to convince her to continue with what had just happened and her sudden question pulled a squeak out of me.

I cleared my throat and tried to speak.

"I would love to keep doing that. But are you sure?" I asked because it was late, and she was tired. We had a moment when we both had our guard down and what if she regretted it later.

"I don't think I've ever been sure of anything in my life" she said, her voice quiet, but firm.

"Why don't we talk about it tomorrow" I suggested, thinking she might want to think about this with a fresh mind.

"I don't need to think about it. I understand if that's what you want, but I want this. I've never been so sure of my feelings before. For the first time in my life, I am confident. Confident about my life, my feelings, you. I don't want to give myself any chance to second guess it." she said.

"Hey" I called out to her. She looked at me eyes full of determination.

"Let's do this" I said, and I didn't have to elaborate what "this" was.

We both wanted this, we both wanted to explore, we both liked each other, we both wanted each other, and most importantly, we both wanted to try. Try living just for us. Try to be happy without thinking about the responsibilities we had. Try to move forward without the past.

We just wanted to be us.

Hey guys!! How are you? I feel like I have been gone for a long time but it has just been a week. 

Anyhow, what did you think of the chapter? I honestly had to cut off most of the conversation between them as things got a little heavy because everything sounded double meaning to me. *Sigh*

Since things are going alright with them, I want Seema to build confidence on herself and her life. Probably then, I would consider ending the story. 

But that's all for today. Please leave a comment and vote if you liked the chapter. 

I will be back next week. Until then, be safe, be healthy and be happy.