Twenty-One. After The World's Collide

I won't lie to you all, but at many stages over the last three weeks I have thought long and hard about the fact that maybe running away wouldn't be too bad. By some miracle, Storm, I didn't fall apart during exams and have made it to winter break in one piece.

Well except for the pieces of me that are full of Amalie, who has barely responded to any text I have sent her and declined many of my facetimes and calls. Storm says she will come around, and I have been clinging to that hope with everything in me.

Finals compared to everything else were a breeze, I think I might relish in private exams a little too much, although I did them on campus. After explaining how uncomfortable I still am, around large crowds, I did them in a small study room in the library while they were in the exam hall.

Much to my history teacher's clear dismay, I smashed every assignment and exam that was pushed my way and revenge was sweet when she was caught trying to stiff my marks. Claiming I didn't provide things that were clear as day if you read it even once, another win for me and lose for the tasteless bitch.

"You think Amalie will still come down like she promised she would?" Sutton asks, break looming over our heads, after the weekend there are a few exams left for some people on Monday. Then we are all done for a couple weeks while everyone goes back home, which means the talk with Storm is creeping up on us.

We are waiting in the kitchen for the boys to come back with Subway, they have an away game tonight, so Aiden offered to get food after his last exam. The other boys went to meet him for moral support, everything with his parents' divorce is now out in the open and thank goodness, because it only seems to be getting worse.

"I keep hoping but haven't heard anything, I have called her seventeen times in the past week. She said latest she would come is 12:30, which means half an hour until I will officially say, she has ditched me"

"You can always come to the away game with us, and Storm, Aiden and I don't go home for Christmas and we still have two weeks before Julian and Ced go home for the week before as well" Sutton offers, "We would all love to have you, if you don't have any plans"

"Where's the game again?"

"Subway has arrived!" Aiden shouts, tearing Sutton's attention off of her phone as the boys come crowding around us, more sandwich's then we will be able to eat before they go off. Then again, still haven't seen the day they make themselves sick from the amount of food they eat.

Today will be my first time having one, and so I would have given them a thumbs up even if I hated it. It does taste good, I thought I would be disappointed by an overpriced sandwich, but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Storm has me leaning into his chest, he swears he won't get crumbs on me, but I don't fully believe him.

"Anyway, as I was saying, the game is at the Northern Arizona campus, so not too long of a drive for the last game before break" Sutton continues, I remember Storm mentioning their actual game was sometime soon, but I didn't ask when. "We found an air-bnb, so we will probably leave here at two"

"Yeah, I was going to tell you this morning but you, um- distracted me" Storm chuckles, causing me to blush furiously and refrain from clenching my thighs together at the mere memory. His voice drops to a quiet whisper, one hand winding around my waist and making my heart flutter. "I hope that's okay, I know your hometown isn't somewhere you want to go"

"You won't be long, I'll be okay for the weekend" The clench of my heart replaces the flutter, the thought of him being in the place I grew up in, leaves a sour taste in my mouth.