ミ✦𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 #2✦彡

━━━ 𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌 𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘚 𝘓𝘈𝘛𝘌𝘙 ━━━

"Okay," Y/N stepped away from the Pepper after helping her get into the Rescue suit that Tony had made for her. Pepper had shot down the idea of her ever fighting next to him in an Iron-suit, and set the suit away in the garage behind their cabin. But Pepper got curious and wanted to try it out. "That's it, see? Not so bad."

"Yeah, this thing can shoot up into the air anytime it wants," Pepper grumbled, waddling like a penguin.

"Just relax," Y/N rolled her eyes, "Why don't you ask Tony to help you out?"

"And boost his already inflating unbearable ego?" Pepper raised her eyebrows, "I think not. And I kinda said a big fat 'no' to his face, so," she trailed off and shrugged.

"You like this suit, admit it," she gave a pointed look.

"Alright," Pepper sighed, "But don't tell Tony."

"I won't," Y/N grinned, "Right Morgan?" she turned around to face the 5-year-old Stark who was going through multiple boxes and caught sight of Steve's shield in one of them. 

Morgan nodded, "I won't tell daddy. But can we get juice pops?"

"No," said Pepper.

"Sure," Y/N grinned at the same time Pepper spoke and turned to her with a sheepish look.

"Y/N—"

"Come on, Pep! Loosen up! Who else is gonna spoil her?"

"Y/N," this time Pepper's voice was so soft that it made her frown, "We really need to talk."

"No, no," she held up a hand, "Wait, let me rethink all the decision I made in my life. I feel a long 'mom lecture' coming up."

Rolling her eyes with a smile, Pepper opened the helmet of the suit, "How are you? And I don't want to hear the 'I'm fine' BS." she added when Y/N opened her mouth to answer, "No one is fine in times like these."

Y/N shook her head, "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? I can take care of myself."

"And just because you can, doesn't mean you have to. We never spoke about those kids from Queens," Pepper walked over to Y/N's front when she turned away from her, "You need to talk about it."

"I'm guessing Tony didn't," she wiped the lenses of her glasses and wore them again.

"You know him," Pepper stepped back from her and held her hands at the sides, "He's stubborn as hell. But not more than you. I'm always here for you, you know that right?"

"Yep," Y/N pressed her lips together, "Let's try his again, okay?"

"Oh god," she groaned, shutting her eyes as the helmet flipped close and the blue and gold suit lit up.

"FRIDAY?"

"Yes, Ms Dmitri?"

"Shut the— just a moment," she turned to Morgan, "Why don't you go play with the Alpaca outside?"

Morgan stepped forward, "No, I want to watch."

"Okay," Y/N grinned and jumped up to sit on the table top behind her. Morgan climbed up onto a chair nearby to be in the same level as her Aunt.

"FRIDAY, shut the garage doors and enable soundproof system."

"On it."

All the door and windows of the garage were shut close immediately in such a way that 

"Cool," Morgan looked up at the lights in awe and sat in the table beside Y/N, who scooted over for her.

"Thrust capacity to 75%" Y/N commanded.

"Woah!" Pepper exclaimed as the repulsors of her boots and palms fired up abruptly, causing her to fly upwards and hit the roof of garage with much force. With the repulsors still firing, Pepper flew about the room helplessly.

"Oh god," Y/N cursed as Morgan caught her upper arm in fear and buried her head in the crook of her neck, shutting her eyes tightly, "Drop thrust power to 15%"

Pepper kept letting out low yells and mutters as she dropped down to the floor abruptly and stopped right above the ground, the repulsors lighting up just in time. "Okay, okay. I think that's enough for today. Shouldn't have eaten tacos."

"Alright," Y/N chuckled as Pepper made the Rescue suit land on the floor, "Power recharge to," she trailed with a frown, "Uh, 3000 capacity. It's enough for now."

"Yes, Ms. Dmitri," FRIDAY responded.

"Three-thousand?" Morgan cocked her head to the side with a confused look.

"Yeah," Y/N nodded and helped Pepper out of the suit, "It's the like highest level to recharge. In your mommy's suit," she glanced at Morgan over her shoulder, "Maximum capacity to do something. I've gotta upgrade it," she added, turning back to Pepper, "Without letting Tony know about it. It's gonna be hard."

"Three-thousand," the little Stark mumbled under her breath and nodded to herself.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .