Chapter 3: Three Days of Misery

Chapter 3

I didn't want to go home. I just wanted to stay in my wolf form and run all over the place. By now, I was telling myself to accept the fact that Logan had broken our bond. But my wolf was against accepting it.

"Emma!"

"Did you say something?" I asked my wolf.

"No, I'm just here, wallowing in my tears."

"Oh grow up!"

"Emma! Can you hear me? It's Alpha!"

Oh great what does he want? Yes, he's alpha but what he did angers me. And he's the last person I want to talk to right now.

"Then don't." My wolf said.

"How?"

"Block him out?"

"Emma! We need to talk! Get over here now!" My alpha's voice interjected.

"How?" I asked again impatiently.

"Just pretend you're making a barrier around your thoughts, like a wall."

I do so right when Alpha was going to talk again. Then his voice was cut off.

"It worked." I announced happily.

"Now you can run to your hearts content without being bothered."

I passed several trees and then I was soon looking up at moss colored mountains. I looked up and decided a climb won't do any harm. I placed my paws on each rock the looked sturdy to climb and I went up.

When I reached the final flat part of the mountain, I looked at the sight. It was beautiful. You could see all the green trees shrouded together, patches of the dirt path and more trees.

"We should stay here." I thought.

I walked to the edge of the flat top and I laid down. My paws crossing and my head falling to rest on them. My eyes moved to my paws and I kept questioning why they were white and not brown.

Maybe the bond breakage made me like this. Oh well. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep. I dreamt of the break up again which made me wake up suddenly. When I saw that it was light still, I relaxed, letting the sun rays warm me up.

I closed my eyes again and I fell asleep. Thankfully without the nightmare I had.

..................................................

When I woke up again, I saw that night time came. I realized that I should be heading home right now being as I just phased and have no idea how to protect myself. I got up and stretched. I climbed back down the rocky mountain and safely onto the dirt.

I didn't run home, instead, I walked. I kept a steady pace that went along with my breathing. I was in no rush to go home so I just took my time.

I found some deserted clothes by a tree and sniffed them. They had an odd smell to them. But I knew that if I didn't phase, I would get home faster. Again, that's not what I'd like. So I phased back to being a human and grabbed the clothes.

They looked new, in a sense. Like no one has used them at all. Well, they're mine now. I chuckled to myself. I was walking barefoot now, not sure where I was but I decided to go straight. Now I'm second guessing on what I decided. I had no sense of direction.

Maybe phasing would be better. I took the clothes off and I hung them on a tree. Then I prepared myself to phase.

I closed my eyes and thought hard. When I opened them I was closer to the ground, and I looked down. My paws were white!