Chapter 18: This Conversation

Thanks for the reads on the last chapters guys! I love it!

So read on :)

Vote :D

Comment ;D

-------------<3-------------------

Chapter 18

Jensen's POV

I feel like utter shit. How could I just leave her like that? Exactly, why did I leave her to get hurt? I can't forgive myself right now, because of all the things I left her to go through.

I can't even speak right now. I'm just following her back to the mountain. If it were up to me, I would take Emma away from this place. We would go back to Oregon. Or any other place. Away from the war we mistakenly got into.

"Where are we going?" I knew where we were going, I just needed to hear her voice.

"Imboscata." She responded, her voice sounded miles away from me, even though she was three steps ahead of me.

"Why?"

"To tell them how to end this war once and for all." She said, her voice icy.

"And how exactly, are we going to do that." Truthfully, I just kept asking questions to keep her talking.

"Easy. We kill my so-called mother." She said flatly, as if it were that easy.

"Whoa, Emma, what brought this on?" This was too much, even for her.

She stopped walking and faced the mountain. Her shoulders slumped, an action that meant she took a big breath.

"Want to know what brought this on?" She asked after turning abruptly. I quickly nodded my head.

"I wanted to live life on my own, like I had planned. But no, I couldn't! Why did I get captured by the Imboscata, and saved by you? Why couldn't I just stay in Oregon and work for Jade in her boutique. Why did you have to mark me to save me? Dying wouldn't have been bad. It would make things easier." She paused, trying to get her breath.

"Easier for who Emma. Tell me, who would it be eaiser for." Her last question spiked my curiosity.

"Everyone." She whispered.

"Who is everyone." I asked, taking a few steps towards her. When I stopped, there was only a few steps dividing us.

"You. My old pack... Me." She was really broken about this. And I wanted nothing more than to make her forget it.

I closed the remaining steps between us and I engulfed her in a hug. I was expecting her to pull away, so it surprised me when she grabbed the back of my shirt tightly, and didn't let go.

All the things that she said were swirling in my head. I was sort of of happy those things happened. 'Cause otherwise, I would have never even known her.

"Is it bad to be sort of happy those things happened?" I thought.

"Yes." My wolf answered. I just shrugged internally.

"Why couldn't I just leave how I planned?" she whispered into my chest.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

I could feel her losing her ground, so I hooked my left arm under her legs and and carried her to the base of the mountain. I took a peek at her expression and saw that it was a sleepy expression.

"Are you tired?" I asked quietly.

She nodded stiffly, but she didn't pull away. I walked to the base of the mountain and sat down. The mountain wall was flat and slightly slanted, so it was an easy resting spot. I kept her in my arms, cradled. She rested her head in the crook of my head.