Chapter 28: Bond Part 2

Chapter 28 Part 2

Jensen

Breathing was hard, but at least I was breathing. Before I went under, I remember Emma holding my hand, but I woke up clutching the dirt. I could feel the skin of my neck sticking back together. The feeling of it was disgusting on it's own. It was enough to make me freak out.

My eyes opened and I searched what my eyes could see. I saw Stark looming over me and Lux as well. She had this relieved looked on her face. From behind me I heard snarling but I didn't pay attention. I was thrashing about, trying to get up but couldn't because of my injury. I sat up, nearly hitting Lux on the head. But then she held me down and looked into my eyes.

She had this serene look and a sense of calm and soon enough, I was calm as well. My breathing slowed and the pain alleviated. I wonder why it was easy for me to calm down in a moment when I had every reason to freak out.

I looked at Stark, who was watching me with a worried expression. I'm guessing he was relieved that I made it. My throat was closing up properly now. I looked to my right and found Emma, bare and bruised, the sight made my stomach clench.

Emma, you're okay, was what I wanted to say, but because of my still healing wound, my words were jumbled and garbled and I couldn't.

"Hey, someone get her blankets!" Thomas shouted, knowing, along with me, that she would be uncomfortable with her being bare like that.

Someone came back with a blanket and Thomas wrapped it around Emma. I could faintly hear their conversation. Emma hugged the blanket closer around her and I saw the relief on her face.

She spoke and I don't know what it was she said, the snarling was taking over my hearing.

"And that's Jensen." I heard Thomas say, loud enough to bring my attention to Emma, who was watching me with a puzzled expression.

Finally I was able to say her name and she was looking at me cautiously.

I inched forward, and I held out my hands to her, to show her that I meant no harm. She was trusting me, even though she probably didn't know who I was. If I lost my memory when I came back, most likely Emma did too.

But I pulled my hands back in when a brown wolf came into view. It was Logan, nuzzling her, caressing her cheek with his wet nose. What a prick, tricking me into thinking he was over Emma. Seeing him do that to her made me angry and I spoke louder but still gruffly.

"You get away from her." It was hard to speak properly.

He didn't listen and it put me into overdrive. Before I knew it, I was changing into my wolf who came out unwillingly.

I was ready to take him but I was not ready for the healing process that I forgot about. I fell to the floor and began to whimper, the pain was unbearable as it healed my throat quicker. After a moment, the pain was slowly fading and I got up on my paws. I faced the sorry prick and growled menacingly. Ahead, Emma and Thomas slip into the house.

Good, I wouldn't want her to watch the brutal death of her ex.

I faced him and began to run towards him. He ran towards me and I moved out of the way. He was taken off guard and the thought process of his took him a while. He wasn't expecting me jumping on his back and pushing him harshly onto the floor.

He turned around and I bit down on his limb, getting a whine from him. He managed to push me off with his hind legs and I dug my paws into the earth, to keep me from being thrown off. I growled again, getting angrier. I ran towards him, making sure to change my fighting style.