Chapter 10: Not Expected

Thanks for reading Lovelies! It means a lot!

Vote :D

Comment ;D

-----------------------------

Chapter 10

The rain subdued and now the only thing wet were the floors and moist leaves and trees. I quickly changed when I woke up and saw that Jensen was asleep. He looked so peaceful. He seems to be taking this whole rogue situation better than I.

I still think I should go back. I'm not doing any better out here. I feel miserable, plus I miss my dad and brother. I began to cry silently. I thought leaving was supposed to be easier. I thought I would have been happy leaving all the heartbreak behind.

"Emma?" Jensen mumbled sleepily.

"Huh?" I answered softly.

"Shut up." He mumbled quietly. But I wasn't talking....

Ass.

I quickly tried to compose myself, but I ended up leaving the tiny dome. I walked about, trying to remember why the forest floor looked so different. The rain washed away the blood and the bodies were gone. It was probably Jensen who removed the dead ones.

I walked around aimlessly but also leaving the dome in my sight. Jensen was kind enough to bring me sneakers. My feet were healing now so I walked around without any pain or soreness.

A sudden branch breaking made me hesitate and turn around around slowly. I didn't see anyone but I couldn't shrug off the feeling that I was being watched by someone.

"Oh man, can't I just walk around without fighting anyone?" I asked out loud. I didn't get a response but either way, I made my way back to the dome.

When I got there, Jensen was looking around frantically and when he saw me, I saw relief play on his face. His hair was messy, as if he'd been running his hand through it one time too many. His shirt was twisted and he looked boyish yet again.

"Done browsing?" He smirked. I gave him a sarcastic smile and walked by him.

"Hey you hungry Emma?" Jensen asked me, while fixing his hair.

As if on cue, my stomach let loose a growl.

"Guess that answers it for me." He smiled and waited for me to grab all my belongings and we set out on foot in a different direction.

"There's a little town up this way, it's where I went when I went to go get clothes for us." Jensen said walking along the shrubs and trees. I still felt like we were being watched... I just couldn't brush the feeling off.

"Hey what's wrong?" Jensen asked, noticing how quiet I was.

"It's nothing really." I said, but I was still not at peace.

"Emma, what is it?" He asked, stopping and looking at me. I looked up at him and I sucked in a huge breath.

"I can't help but feel like we're being watched." I said, my eyes wondering around.

"I don't feel anything." He continued to walk. When he noticed that I wasn't following, he came back.

"Look, I'm here, I'll protect you. Don't worry." He held my hand and pulled me to him. I allowed him to do it and I don't know why. I pulled away, realizing that this probably meant something different to him.

"Sorry." He murmured but still kept to my side.

"How old are you Emma?" He aid all of a sudden, curiosity in his voice.