Chapter 4: I Am Gone

Chapter 4

Morning came through and I opened my eyes to see the sun already heading towards its noon peak. Oh no. I slept in. I woke up and dressed in basketball shorts and a fitted top. I grabbed my pack and slung it around my shoulder.

I reached the door and stopped as my hand was on the doorknob. I looked back at the room that was mine for sixteen years. Yeah it got me sad, but I felt I had nothing to do here, I had no purpose being here. As far as I'm concerned, I was supposed to be the next female alpha. But even that was taken from me.

Just comes to show how this pack treats one another. And I don't think I want to stick around for more of it. I don't think I could handle all the pitiful looks I would get from everyone. The poor girl who was replaced.

"Get a grip on yourself." I said softly, willing my eyes to not cry.

I opened the door and I slipped out quietly. Yesterday, the whole house was quiet and almost uneventful but today, everyone was here. It was the pack house of course. It was noisy.

I crept down the stairs and waited at the bottom where no one could see me. I was just listening to there laughter, the way they got along. I wished that I could have been a part of that if I could have just phased. But no.

"Haha, guys, here's to Logan and Jessica on their new profound Mate bond." Daniel spoke and his words triggered the heartbreaking feelings of my wolf. It brought tears to my eyes because they mated already.

The old Logan I knew, the one before he got mated, was not there anymore. And he would never be.

"Honestly, I think I prefer this bond of you and Jessica rather than the one you had with Emma." It was Nathan.

"Haha, I don't know what I was thinking." Logan chuckled.

His words pierced right through my heart. He always thought our bond was the best thing that ever happened to him. But I guess not anymore...

"Right. Let's take a moment to remember Emma." It was my alpha. And he was so set on the fact that I was dead.

"She died?" Nathan said with a hint of remorse in his voice.

"The bond break probably did kill her." My alpha said with assurance in his voice.

"So let's take a moment." It got silent.

My cue. I thought smugly.

"But I'm right here." I said sweetly as I entered the room. I earned gasps from everyone in the room as they took me in.

"Emma?" Nathan called out as he watched me with wide eyes.

"In the flesh." I smiled.

"But don't let me interrupt your sincere remembrance." I began to walk towards the door feeling confident until my eyes accidentally wandered over to Logan. He had a blank expression as he had his arm slung over Jessica.

That only got my heart broken and almost gone. But I tried my best to walk out the door in front of me and leave all this behind.

"Bye." I simply said as I opened the door and walked out.

"Emma!" It was my alpha.

Lovely.

"What?" I replied rudely.

"You get back in here right now." He said fiercely. Normally, I would flinch and obey, but not this time. I disobeyed, why not go further?

"No." I gladly said.

"That... is an order." He said angrily.

"And this is me leaving." I growled.

"And I give a big "screw you" to your orders." I said and walked a bit before dropping my pack and phasing. I picked up my pack in my mouth and ran in the direction of the mountain.