Chapter 19: Added Member

Hey! Thanks for the votes and reads for last chapters ^.^

Read on :)

Vote :D

Comment ;D

-----<3------------------

Chapter 19

Jensen's POV

"What do you want?" I asked harshly. No need being nice to him.

He still hasn't phased but he didn't make any movement towards us. When he did, I was preparing to phase on the spot. Soon, he phased back to human, and I shielded Emma from the view, knowing how much she wasn't comfortable.

"Wait, please." The boy asked. He looked about fourteen, maybe fifteen.

"Why? So we have less time to run away before your pack gets here and kills us?" He flinched from my tone.

"They don't know that I left. I came to find you both." He breathed. From behind me, I heard a zipper then a gray cloth flew past me and into the hands of the boy. They were shorts and he quickly put it on. I turned to Emma and looked at her in disbelief.

"Could you stop being..." I trailed off because it hit me then. That's all she is; Nice. That's why she's done all those things. Helped Imboscata, saved Mike and Luke, gave this boy a pair of shorts, cried about my parents. She's thoughtful and nice by nature. She can't help it.

"Never mind. Sorry." I muttered. She stared at me but didn't show any emotion.

"So, are you guys, together?"

"Don't act like we won't kill you." I let go of Emma and began to walk over towards the little kid. He didn't seem so smug now and that made me smirk.

I grabbed the back of his neck and before I could do any damage, Emma stopped me.

"Jensen, stop. Obviously he means no harm." She said. I turned to her and she gave me a hard glare.

I stepped away from the boy and next to Emma. She stepped forward, but I held her hand so she couldn't go any further.

 "What's your name?" She asked.

"Thomas." He answered, looking relieved that Emma was speaking.

"Thomas, why do you need us?" She asked calmly.

"No reason really. I just didn't want to stay at a small camp. Besides, I saw you leave last night and then come back with two other people. It was pretty awesome really." He smiled.

"That was you then? The snapping of the tree branch?" Emma asked, amused now. But I on the other hand was far from it.

"Wait, you noticed something was behind you? And you continued anyways?" I asked, irritated again because of the things Emma had to go through alone. And all because of my stupid ass.

"Jensen, you're hurting me." Emma whispered to me. I didn't understand what she meant, until I felt her hand moving in my hold. I let go quickly and she cradled her hand to her chest.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Thomas, why do you want to come with us?" Emma asked, sounding deep in thought.

"Like I said, no reason." He always held a smile. But when there was a dead silence between him and Emma, that smile fell.

"That lady ordered her wolves to kill my family. My mother and father. My sister. I think, I think I'm allowed to join you guys." His voiced quivered. I should know how that feels like. To have someone you cared about die right in front of you.