Chapter 8: The Return of Unwanted People

Thanks a ton guys Hope you enjoy this chapter ! :D

Vote :D

comment ;D

----------------------------

Chapter 8

"Um, yes?" I asked unsure of who she was.

"Oh Emma." she whispered before pulling me into a hug. This is where I got a bit scared.

"Lady I don't know you! Let me go!" I wriggled out of her hold and stepped back a few steps, so that there was enough distance between us.

"Emma, It's me." She smiled sadly.

"I don't know who you are! Please, you're freaking me out!" I said, exasperated. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jade, looking at us with a scared expression.

"Emma, she's our mom." My wolf said quietly.

"Mom?" I said in a quiet whisper. I said it like as if it were a foreign word to me, like I didn't know what a mom was.

"Yes, sweetie it is." she began to smile through her tears.

"Sweetie? You don't have the right to call me that!" I shouted, not sure where the anger came from.

And she didn't. If she stuck around, I would've had someone to go to when I was in my deepest of sadness.

"Don't be angry, please." She said quietly, still crying.

"Don't be angry? Are you kidding me?!" Jeez, I was angry! And I had every right to be angry.

"No, lady," She flinched from my harsh tone when called her that, but I refuse to call her mom.

"You are far from a mother. A mother doesn't abandon their child at the age of four. And a mother doesn't waltz back into a child's life whenever she wants to!" I yelled. I think I was scaring off the other customers. Sorry Jade.

"I know Emma. Please I am truly sorry. Please forgive me. Please." She begged.

"No. Go away. And don't ever try to see me again. I did well without a mother for thirteen years. I don't need one now." I said harshly.

"I'm sorry Emma." she said before crying her way out of the shop.

"Sorry Jade." I apologized.

"It's fine. Need someone to talk to?" She asked quietly. It was just us now.

"No." I said quietly, putting all the empty boxes in the backroom.

"Go home Emma. You need a rest from today. I'll see you tomorrow." Jade said sadly. I nodded and left.

My eyes were threatening to release the drops in my eyes. Thank goodness I got home before they actually spilled.

I probably cried for an hour but I still didn't stop. What did stop me was a knock on the door. It was a frantic knock and I quickly dried my eyes. I opened the door and I was immediately wrapped in hug.

"Please stop crying Emma." Wow, two surprises in one. How lucky am I? Note the sarcasm.

"Let me go please." I whispered, but secretly hoping he wouldn't.

"Sorry." and he did let me go. He was standing at the door, looking at me.

"I thought you died Jensen." I said, moving from the door to my bed. He followed but only sat down at the foot of my bed. I knew I had problems if he was here.

"Me dying? They couldn't even if they tried." I giggle from his answer and he gave me a soft smile.

He held my eyes like that until I finally pulled away. I felt my head swirling with questions.