First Time

Happy Birthday Mia ! 🤍🤍 missstrawberry2020 what better way to celebrate it than with your favorite book ! I'm keeping it up this time, LOL 😂 enjoy your day babygirl 🎉
••••••••••

Dorinda

I sat in my room on my blue velvet couch as the events of the past weekend began to flash through my mind.

*Flashback*

"Greg, I'm tired of fighting with your ass! I'm not doing it anymore and I don't care about you wanting to protect your brother, but what I am pissed about is the fact that you lied about it especially after we promised on our wedding day that we'd tell each other everything, no matter how ugly and uncomfortable they may be. You lied!" I yelled.

"That's my brother, Dorinda! He's my blood and he's always going to come before you! If lying to protect him is what it takes then so be it. That's my role as his big brother. I'm always going to have his back, dammit!" Greg yelled back.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked at him. The fact that all we did was argue everyday about the same thing was starting to wear me down. I couldn't do it anymore.

"So, the fact that I'm your wife doesn't mean shit to you anymore, huh?" I asked.

"My wife? You haven't been that to me in awhile but now you suddenly want to throw that title around? You act like an investigator with all these twenty one questions you invade me with every time you see me."

"And you act like an asshole so what's your point?" I asked.

Greg balled his fist up as his nose flared.

"I'm sick of you calling me out my name woman. That shit is going to stop, right now."

"You tired of me speaking the truth? I'm calling you what you are and at least one of us has the decency to be honest with each other. You are an ass. You lie, you cheat, you put your hands on me. I'm tired of it. I'm so tired of it all. I just want it to stop." I said, running my hand through my hair.

"You know what.... fuck you. Fuck this marriage. I don't have time for this anymore. I'm leaving." Greg said, punching the wall.

"Good, leave! I'm sick of you anyway! I want a divorce." I said, tears filled the brims of my eyes.

Seeing him walk out the door, Greg stopped then looked at me over his shoulder.

"You ain't going no damn where. You don't have anywhere to go, and it's not like you have anyone to go to. You're old, washed up, and worn down. No one want that shit not even me. That's why I have something new to go to."

Grabbing a glass vase off the dresser, I threw it at him missing him by an inch and making it shatter against the wall.

"Fuck you!" I spat. Greg smirked as he looked at me.

"You will when I return. Until then bask in what you created. You pushed me into the arms of another woman, remember that."

Seeing him walk out the door fully, I heard him go outside and get in his car. I looked through the window of our two story house and saw him pull away as the tears that I was holding fell down my face.

What had my life become? Was he right about everything? I didn't want to believe him, but a small part of me did. I was so tired of it all.

Finding my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, more tears washed down my face as I went into the refrigerator and pulled out the vodka tonic and blue ciroc.