The Meeting

Excuse any mistakes & enjoy 💕
•••••

Dorinda

"Now, we're here I'm going inside the restaurant and I want you to behave. Do you understand? Stay in and don't move."

"Why are you talking to me like I'm a little bebe kid? I said that I would stay inside. Now, go. Shoo." Karen said, fanning me off.

"Alright, I'm leaving my keys in here with you. I'll be back when it's over." I said, getting out the car with my purse.

Heading inside the restaurant, I couldn't help but feel nervous. I noticed that there were a lot of Mexicans in the restaurant. There were also other races which made the place very diverse which I loved. I found a table to sit at as I sat my purse down by me. I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't nervous to be meeting Maurice's mother because I was, and especially under these circumstances.

I continued sitting by myself for a few moments until I heard a feminine voice approach me making me look up.

"Hey, are you Dorinda?"

"Florencia?" I asked.

"Yes, that's me." I stood up to greet her.

She was beautiful.

"It's nice to meet you

"It's nice to meet you." I said, extending my hand to shake hers.

She looked at my hand for a moment before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm a hugger. It's so nice to meet you."

I smiled as I hugged her back. We embraced for a moment before sitting down at the table.

"Ms. Montoya, I'm happy that I finally get to meet you. I won't lie though... I pictured it way different in my head. I expected your son to be here with me during our meeting."

"Call me Florencia or Flo. Whichever you prefer, but I completely understand that which is why we can skip the awkward talk and get straight to why we're here if that's okay with you."

"That would be perfect actually." I smiled.

"Okay, so I just have a few questions. It won't be anything crazy I'm just curious about a few things." Florencia said.

"Okay."

"You can answer this truthfully or not, but did you get to know my son before you started having sex with him?" Florencia asked.

"Honestly? No. He and I started out as friends. He got me to open up. He was amazing at listening to me and my heart. I could literally talk to him for hours and never get tired. I never actually got to know him for who he really was. He told me a few things though like his dreams and his goals and the fact that he was a sex addict. Even in all that I never looked at him differently. I promised him that I would be there and had he not left me I would have stayed true to that promise. He showed me a side to him that was so caring, loving, and considerate. That was the part of him that I fell for."