Medicine

Smoke

"Bruh, what happened to you the other day?" Dave asked.

"My bad foo. Something came up and I had to take care of dat first. Time got away from me after that." I explained.

I'd met Dave out at our spot. I knew that he'd bring it up some time had passed since I'd saw him.

"It's all good. Everything good witchu?"

"Yeah, everything good man. What was that thing you needed me to do?" I asked.

"It's aite. I took care of it, but Roller throwing a party tonight. You coming wit me?" Dave asked.

I stared silently for a moment knowing that Roller was the type of nigga that didn't throw a party unless drugs, hoes, and shameful activity was involved.

"Uh, yeah.... I'll go. I can't stay long though."

"Oh, you got something better to do nigga? We usually stay out at the party til 2am." Dave said.

"Bruh, I just ain't feeling it dis time dats all."

Dave squinted at me before rubbing his chin.

"You must got a lil shorty back at home or sum?"

I didn't want to reveal to him that I was seeing Doe, yet. I wasn't gon' say nun til she was ready. We ain't even have a title on each other so we didn't know what we were yet.

"Nah, bruh. I don't." I said.

"Then what's the issue?" Dave asked.

"Nothin, I'm tripping. I'll go, but you sure Karen gon' go fah you staying out dat late at a party?"

"Nah, I'm leaving at midnight. I don't need bae worrying fah shit. But yeen got no attachments so I figured you'd be the one to hold it down fah the rest of the two hours while I'm gone." Dave said.

"Fasho, what time it start?"

"You know his parties don't start no later than 9pm foo." Dave said.

"Bet. I'll be there." I assured him.

"That's wassup. I'll see you later then nigga." Dave said, dapping me up.

He and I parted ways as I went back to my car. I sat there for a few moments and just thought about what was gon' happen tonight. Roller was a cool nigga. He'd been apart of the gang fah some time now. The only thing that was wrong with his parties was dat he always had the finest women there. I almost always ended up sleeping with one.

I knew tonight had to be different. My biggest fear was hurting Dorinda. She was my biggest supporter especially with me revealing to her my secret. I couldn't let her down. She believed in a nigga dats all I ever wanted. Just someone to really believe in and have faith in me.

Pulling off, I decided to head to Doe's house. Usually I wouldn't just pop up and I'd always call first, but I needed to see her. Once I got there I knocked on her door, then waited. She opened the door a few moments later and man was she so gorgeous.

 She opened the door a few moments later and man was she so gorgeous