I Need You

Dorinda

"How are you and Greg doing?" Karen asked.

She and I were currently on the phone and I was waiting for Maurice to get here. I decided not to tell her the whole truth because I knew how she was about me, and she was currently pregnant with my niece.

"Greg and I are great.... never better."

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I feel like you're lying." Karen said.

I am.

"I'm not, how's my niece doing? Is this a hard pregnancy for you?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Honestly, Doe? I feel like this has been a very rough pregnancy with everything that has been going on, but that just makes me more excited to meet her. I think she's going to be a miracle baby if I don't die from all this stress that I'm under." Karen said.

"Don't talk like that. You're going to be just fine. I know it's been a lot on your shoulders, but you're getting through it. God's got you. We're going to be just fine."

I wish I believed the words that were coming out of my mouth.

"You know that I love you right, Doe? There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you." Karen said.

"I know that, and vice versa. I wish you could see the things I've done just to keep you protected. I try to keep my crazy under wraps, but when it comes to you or someone that I love I always end up exploding."

"You've been doing really good. Those anger management classes really paid off. You've been keeping your temper under wraps and I know that is a hard task for you, but you've been doing amazing." Karen said.

"Thank you Karebear." I smiled.

Going in my closet, I went into it and pulled out an outfit as I listened to her talk. I went into the bathroom and took a shower as we conversated.

"Has Drew's little whore tried anything else since my little encounter with him?" I asked.

"No, Drew has been undercover lately. I haven't heard anything from him since you beat him with the golfclub. I know that he's going to pop up again though. He's probably somewhere trying to regain his strength and waiting for the next time that he can come after me." Karen said.

"I'm so ready for his ass. That golfclub incident was just exercise. I swear if he tries anything else he'll need a bodybag instead of a cane. I think his legs got the message last time. His bones should be begging him to use his brain for once in his life."

Karen chuckled softly at my statement.

"You beat him really good. I don't think I'd ever have the guts to do that to anyone."

"Karen, honey. If pushed far enough you'd be surprised at what you'll do. I know for a fact that you have it in you. Just ask Genesis Stone she'll tell you."

"D, you're not supposed to bring that up." Karen gasped. I chuckled.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just trying to prove a point. You're a Clark and you're from Detroit. You have that feistiness in you."

I got out the shower and dried off before putting on my outfit with my six inch black stilettos.