Fix It Now

Smoke

Sitting in my living room, I sat on the couch with my face in my hands. I hadn't been out the house or talked to anyone ever since Doe and I had went our separate ways. That was three weeks ago.

Did I miss her? Yes. Did I regret how I talked to her and treated her? Fasho. Did I want a child? No. I was confused. I knew that I needed to talk to someone who would understand. I rubbed my face as I pulled out my phone and dialed a number.

"Hijo, por qué tardaste tanto en llamarme?" {Son, what took you so long to call me?}

"I'm sorry, mama. I've been tied up."

"So, you couldn't call us and see how we were doing?" Gabriela asked.

"Gab, give ma back the phone." I said.

"It's on speakerphone dummy. Why are you calling? You literally haven't called in over two months."

"Hijo, is something going on? Did something happen?"

I sighed hearing the concern in my mama's voice.

"Estoy estresada mamá."{I'm stressed out mama} I admitted.

"What are you stressed out for? Qué pasó en los últimos dos meses y medio?" {What's happened in the past two and a half months} Gabriela asked.

"Look, ma I know that I can't lie to you so Ima be straight up..... I did something stupid. I think I lost a girl I really liked, yeah."

"What did you do Maurice?"

I knew that when I said this that I was about to get chewed out but out of love. They'd tell me what I needed to hear.

"I found out she was pregnant and broke up with her." I said.

There was a moment of silence before Gabriela yelled something out.

"Maurice, eres jodidamente estúpido?" {Maurice are you fucking stupid}

"Gabby, watch your mouth! Maurice, why would you do that? You just said that you liked this girl then you turn around and pull some stuff like this? Explain yourself."

"To be honest ma.... it's cause I don't want any kids. At least not right now. I don't even have my shit together. I don't have my career off the ground yet. I'm still running the streets and I'm still dealing with this sex addiction. I ain't eva been with a woman like her. She actually understand me ma and for the first time I actually thought that I could see a future with her. I just didn't see a baby being in that future." I said.

"Then maybe you should have wrapped your dick up if you didn't want a baby. That's what happens when you raw dog a female. You can get her pregnant not only that, but you can catch an STD! You don't think!" Gabriela yelled.

"Gabriela Ashley Montaya, if I tell you to watch your mouth one more time I'm going to hit you in it. Let me talk to your brother and you be quiet, right now. Cállate!"

"Fine, Lo siento mama." {I'm sorry mama.}  Gabriela sighed.

"Thank you, now hijo.... it sounds like to me you really like this woman. If she knows about your condition and still stays with you that means that you have a keeper. I know that you didn't think that you'd be a father so soon, but your sister is right. If you didn't want a baby you should have wrapped it up."

"I did wrap it up ma, but one night we were having sex and the condom broke midway through our session. Then another time we got caught up in the heat of the moment and a condom ain't cross my mind. I didn't think to put one on cause we was in the moment and we was vibin. I know I should've pulled our but honestly ma she told me she was on the pill so I thought that it was okay." I admitted.