Don't Run

Dorinda

"Oh, so I get a name now mama?" Nikkia smirked as we walked into my house.

I chuckled at her anxiousness of wanting to know who I was dating.

"Yes, you do. His name is Maurice."

"Maurice? That's Chris Brown's middle name. I like that. How old is he and what does he do?" Nikkia asked.

"Oh, so you want to know everything?" I asked.

"I do. I need to know who this man is that's got you glowing so profoundly. I also need to know for safety reasons."

"Okay, well his name is Maurice Montoya. He's 25 and he is very handsome." I said.

"Montoya? That sounds like a mafia last name is he mixed?" Nikkia asked.

"He has a light complexion. If he is mixed I wouldn't care. I'd still want to be with him. I'm with him for him not for what he can do or what he's done in his past. I don't care about any of that. I want him."

"Ouuuu, mama why it sound like you in love? Did you fall in love with this man?"

Looking down, I found myself getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about him. Had I fallen for him already?

"I, umm.... I don't know. What I do know is that I like him. I like him a lot. I'm very.... infatuated with him. Yeah, that's the word I'll use. I know that I like being around him and he makes me feel good in more ways than one. He's so sweet to me and he's patient with my needs. He's understanding, he's good with communicating his feelings, and he's very open. I just... I don't know. I like having all his attention." I said.

Nikki smirked as she folded her arms.

"You've definitely fallen for him mama and that's okay. You'll know when the right time presents itself. I want to meet him though."

"You can meet him. As a matter of fact, I think I'll give him a call right now." I said.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Smoke's number and waited for him to pick up. It rang for awhile then went to voicemail. I called him a few more times and it went straight to voicemail which made me began to worry. What was happening?

"He's not answering. I think he may be at work, but honey I will definitely set something up so that you can meet him. In the meantime I'll just show you this picture just so you know what he looks like."

I went to my photo gallery and pulled up a picture that Maurice had snapped of him and I on FaceTime. It was so cute to me.

Nikki placed her hand over her heart as she smiled at it

"Oh, wow. He is fine. You did good mama."

"Thank you sweetheart. I think so too. I'm going to set up something for you to meet him. In the meantime I'm going to get situated and you call me when you get home. I love you princess." I said.