Promise Ring?

Changed a few things up 🦋
•••••

Dorinda

"Karen, stop moving around like that. Why are you acting all nervous and stuff?" I asked, grabbing her bouncing leg.

Karen sighed then ran her hand through her hair as she looked at me.

"Because what if I am pregnant again? What am I going to do then Doe?"

"Do you not know how much sex you and Dave have? If you are pregnant again you definitely shouldn't be surprised. The fact that he raw dogs you every time should give you an idea about whether you are or aren't. You've been pregnant twice before so you should know." I said.

"Doe, J Drew is almost thirty. Kendasha isn't even four months old yet. ."

"That's not the point. The point is your body never forgets that feeling. So, think hard.... do you feel pregnant? Yes or no?" I asked.

Karen looked at me silently for a minute before nodding her head.

"I do feel pregnant, but I don't know. That would explain why I've been acting so crazy. You know me so well."

"Well, when the doctor comes in she'll either confirm what we both know is true, or she'll said that it's all in our heads. Either way we need to know." I said.

Nodding her head, Karen and I held hands as we waited for the doctor to come in. A few moments passed before their was a knock on the door and a female doctor came in.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Arianna Coup. It's nice to meet you Karen and-"

"Dorinda." I said, helping her out.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you both. So, Karen your chart says you think you may be pregnant? Are you having any pregnancy symptoms?" Dr. Coup asked.

"Uh, not really. Well, I am having one. I'm being more moody and irritable than I normally am. That's one thing I have in common with all of my pregnancies. I have two other children. So, I'm not sure, but I do want to know."

"Well, I have a few pregnancy tests you can take. I'll set a timer and once it's up we'll be able to tell." Dr. Coup said.

"Alright, let's go see." Karen said, getting up.

Dr. Coup handed her the pregnancy test as Karen inhaled and exhaled.

"The bathroom is down the hall to the left."

"Thank you." Karen smiled.

"It'll be okay." I mouthed to her.

Karen nodded her head, then left out the door. I sat down and pulled my phone out as Dr. Coup left out the room.

MyHeartbeat 😍🤞🏾🔐:
Bae, we need to talk when you get home

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. He answered on the first ring.

"Hi, baby. Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Everything good bae. We just need to have a serious conversation when you get home." Smoke said.

"Maurice, do you want to tell me what it's about babe?"

"Nah, bae. I feel like you should have a good time with yo sister, then when you get home we'll talk. Don't stress it." Smoke said.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later daddy. I love you."

"I love you too ma." Smoke said.

I smiled before ending the call. That man was my everything. I could see myself being his wife. I could see my future with him. I could definitely see a life with kids, a house, and a white picket fence. The whole nine yards. I loved that man with my everything.