𝟏𝟓

contains
fluff
mature language
mentions of gaslighting
________________________________
I woke up and realized that it was around the time that Jean would be getting out of school. My mom usually got off work around the same time, so I was in a bit of a rush to head to Jean's, scared that she was most definitely going to beat my ass if she saw me. I rushed downstairs, and into my car. I made my way to Jean's house.

I noticed his car was in the driveway, letting me know that he was home. I parked my car and made my way up to his door. Before I even knocked Jean opened the door.

"You have a lot of talking to do, so I recommend you get your ass in here and start talking."

The hell is he talking about?

He quietly guided me to his room where I sat on the bed. He sat diagonal from me, on a chair.

That's weird.

I sat in silence not wanting to say a word, scared that something I said could off put the entire mood. Jean started out the long to come conversation.

"I think I should start by asking why you're here, so why are you here?"

I decided to be honest, not wanting to lose the trust that I just gained from him.

"I skipped school and had my phone off the entire time, so I was afraid of facing my mom. You know how things are with her, she'll just yell at me and tell me how disappointed she is. I didn't want to face her, so instead I came here."

Jean seemed to be a little taken aback by my honesty.

Was I really that much of a liar that people get surprised whenever I tell the truth?

"Oh, it's not really any of my business but, did you and Eren talk?"

Why was he so concerned with my status with Eren?

"Ya we did, today actually. I've been talking to him the past couple of days actually."

Jean's eyes widened in response.

"Why? I thought I told you to fix things with him, not become his best friend."

"Jean no offense or anything, but I think I can make my own decisions without your influence. Plus it was nice talking to him actually. I cried, and he was there for me, I guess."

"What do you mean you cried? Did he make you cry?"

"No, no, it wasn't because of him. Ok it kind of was, I don't really know how to describe it? Okay?"

"So then just explain what happened."

Why was I so embarrassed to admit I cried?

I finally worked up the courage to tell Jean what happened, all he did was sit and listen in silence. It was actually kind of creeping me out.

"Oh, you said you talked to him today though, right?"

Shit. I couldn't tell Jean about that. He'd kick Eren's ass for trying to flirt with me.

If I just leave out the pet name and flirting part of the story, then maybe he'll buy it. But did I want to be considered a lair again?

"Y/n? You're spacing out, tell me what's going on."

I was brought back to reality. I didn't want to keep things on my chest so I just decided to tell the truth.