𝟐𝟕

contains
mature language
some depressing themes
________________________________

My morning started out as normal, as I made my way into school. I walked the same halls with the same people. A certain brunette caught my eye. I walked over to Eren. I wanted to talk about how things ended last night.

I walked over to him, but before I could he walked away. He didn't even spare another glance at me. He looked mad, pissed off even, whenever he saw me. It was just like last night. His entire demeanor had changed.

I walked to my first period. The entire time I didn't sleep, I thought. I thought about the numerous things that could've possibly happened to make him act this way. I had Armin in my next period, so I'd probably ask him about it. Eren and Armin seemed to always be close, so asking him some things shouldn't hurt.

The dismissal bell rang, and I walked to second period. I took a seat as usual, next to Armin. He wasn't here, which was strange. I waited a while. Eventually, Armin came through the door, only to be 10 minutes late. Armin was never late. He took his seat by me and stayed silent. I decided to break the silence.

"Hey."

He didn't look at me or anything, just humming in response.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine."

He didn't exactly sound pissed off, but it was different from the way he usually spoke. Something was wrong.

"Is it okay if I ask you something?"

"Uh yeah, sure."

He sounded hesitant.

"Why has Eren been acting like a dick?"

"I don't know y/n."

"You sure? I know you and him are close, real close. So Armin, why the hell has Eren been acting like a dick all of a sudden?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know."

"Bullshit. You do know."

Armin just stayed silent, while I was escorted out into the hall. I ended up having to sit outside the classroom, for disturbance I guess.

This whole day was starting to become a shit show. I knew it was only going to get worse as the day continued.

I walked around the halls, as I usually did. Surprisingly there were no hall monitors, just empty halls. I strutted around. I ended up taking the turn down the wrong hall. I heard arguing. It was Eren and Mikasa. I made sure to keep myself hidden while I listened in on their conversation.

"Eren are you stupid? So what she doesn't like you. Go get your girl. I thought you told me that you were never going to give up and now look at you. You don't even know if she was telling him the truth." Said Mikasa.

I wondered who the girl was. I felt a sting of jealousy. What girl wouldn't want Eren? I mean he was good looking, cocky attitude, but overall he was a great guy.

"No I'm pretty sure she was being honest. Yesterday she treated him and I like equals. You should've seen her Mikasa. She didn't even run after me. She doesn't care." Said Eren.

"I'm telling you, deep down inside her heart, she cares. She has to like you, whether you or her acknowledge that. Stop being a dick to her, and maybe her true feelings will come to light. It's not exactly easy to show you like someone when they treat you like shit 24/7. Man the fuck up Eren. You've never even told her that you love her. You've loved her since 7th grade. 7th grade Eren. When are you going to tell her?" Said Mikasa.

"I don't think I ever will." Replied Eren.

"You're not serious, right? You're actually going to let her get away? Eren we're talking about her here. The girl you've loved since 7th grade, and you're just going to let her run away from you like that? You know graduation is coming up right? You only have a few months before she's gone. No more of you and her being together, she'll be gone." Said Mikasa.

"So what? At least she'll be happy away from me. All I do is hurt her Mikasa, I hurt her so much. I don't want to hurt her anymore." Replied Eren.

"So then stop. Stop hurting her. Tell her how much she means to you, tell her you love her. Don't let her run away, if you do you'll regret it. As much as I might not like her, she's the best option for you. She's the one I'd rather see you spend your life with. Don't let your girl get away Eren. You need to tell her soon." Said Mikasa.

"How though? I've already tried, and she didn't seem to care." Replied Eren.

"Just say what feels right. Stop being a dick to her, it only hurts the both of you." Said Mikasa.

"Thanks, I'll tell her. Not now, but soon. Now I should probably go talk to Armin too, he's probably pissed at me for the way I exploded on him." Replied Eren.

"Yeah you should. Go get her Eren. Apologize, do whatever you need to do to make her yours." Said Mikasa.

"Thanks mom, now I'm gonna head to class. The teacher probably thinks I fell in the toilet." Replied Eren.

Eren started walking back, in my direction. I started walking, trying to pick up the pace.

It hurt, it hurt so much to know that he loved someone else. Was all the time he spent with me just because of his boredom? Was I used just so he wouldn't be bored? I knew I wasn't enough. I never was. I was always second choice.

I told myself I didn't like him. I told myself I'd never fall in love with an idiot like him. Knowing he was in love with someone else though, it made me realize something. This entire time I had been in love with him. Ever since we met at that stupid anger management meeting.

At this point I was crying and hiccuping. I slumped onto the floor.

Funny how I said the weak only cry at school and now look at me.

I am weak.

I put my head into my knees and just cried. I didn't even bother to look up whenever I heard Eren coming my way.

I wanted to run away, I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be here. This place always made me feel shitty. I hated life, I hated everything.

I hated myself.

"Y/n?"