𝟑𝟔

Today was the day. The day we all graduated. Today was the day when everyone finally went on with their lives and finally became adults. I wasn't prepared at all. I wasn't prepared to say goodbye.

I was scared to see the reactions on their faces, scared to even face them. The people who I've known for the majority of my life were going to stay together, while I went down a separate path.

I fixed my makeup and looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked good.

I smiled to myself and made my way downstairs. My parents were at the bottom, waiting for me. They both looked happy, proud of me.

This is all I've ever asked for.

All I ever asked for, was to not be a disappointment. I didn't want to be a failure in their eyes, and now I wasn't.

We made our way outside and into the car. Once we arrived at my school, I stepped out of the car. I made my way to the stadium, glancing at my parents again. Once I got into the stadium, I sat down in my spot and waited. I spotted my friends, each of them taking their seat.

This was crazy, all of us graduating. All of us were going to continue with our lives and do great things. We were all finally independent.

As the graduation began, I sat patiently. A million things were running through my mind. I had some sort of an idea of how I was going to break the news to Eren. I knew how I was going to tell the rest of my friends, though. We had all agreed to meet in the parking lot after we received our diplomas. The only one who I hadn't let know of this idea was Eren. Graduation continued, some of my friends going up to the stage and receiving their diplomas. I still had far to go before it was my turn. Eren's name was called, and so he walked onto the stage. He had a smile on his face, he looked so happy. Eren and I had both hated high school, so this was the moment we had looked forward to. I was so happy for him. Eren received his diploma and walked off the stage.

A while later I was called. I regained my calmness and walked into the stage. I received my diploma and looked over the crowd. There were some familiar faces. Some of them being my friends while others were family.

I'm sorry guys.

I walked off the stage, where Eren was waiting for me. I hadn't expected to see him right now. I was unprepared, I felt like I was going to collapse.

"What are you doing here? Go where you're supposed to."

"Since when have I ever listened? Plus, I was waiting for you."

"Well you shouldn't have."

"What's up with you? It's graduation. You're supposed to be happy."

I wasn't happy, far from it.

"Right. Sorry."

"Ok well anyway, I'm going to wait while everyone else receives their diploma. You're free to join me."

"No thanks, I'd rather just stay here."

"Whatever works best for you."

Eren walked away. I released my breath, one I hadn't even realized I was holding in.

"You still haven't told him, huh?" Said Jean.

"No I haven't and don't sneak up on me like that."