𝟏𝟕

contains
mature language
________________________________

I didn't reply, I knew it was Eren which just pissed me off more.

"Not talking huh?

"Yeah, why are you talking to me now of all times? You didn't feel like talking to me at the meetings, and now all of a sudden you want to talk to me. Fuck you."

"So that's what you're mad about?"

"No, you're just making me more angry by being here."

"Mhm sure."

"God, will you just stop trying to be cocky for a second? I'm really not in the best mood, or in the right place right now. So if you can, please, stop."

He stopped talking, probably embarrassed or taking what I said into consideration.

We sat in silence for a bit, before he began to speak.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"no, I don't wanna involve you in problems. I'd rather not be a burden to you."

"You wouldn't be a burden. If you want to talk about what has you all worked up then, do it. I'll just sit here and listen how does that sound?"

"No Eren, I already came to your house bawling my eyes out, no need to do it again."

"I'm not going to pressure you into talking about it, but if you want to, then you can."

Why has he been being so nice to me?

"Eren?"

He hummed in acknowledgment.

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, even a couple of months ago you wouldn't even hold a conversation with me. The only time we'd ever talk, is when you were teasing me, or arguing with me."

"I don't know, just a change of heart I guess."

"That's a lie, and you know it. So why? Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?"

"I can't tell you why."

"What the fuck? I asked you for an explanation, so give me one."

"Y/n, I can't."

"Why? Is it something bad? Or are you using me as a way to get back at Jean?"

I was angry at this point, this entire day, everything I felt was building on it. I was going to end up exploding on Eren, if I continued.

He sighed and put his head in his hands. He stayed like that for a bit, before finally putting his hands down. He lifted his head, still not looking me in the eye, and began talking again.

"I'm not using you, for any reasons. The reason I can't tell you, is actually because of Jean."

"What the hell do you mean because of Jean? What is he stopping you from saying something?"

"No, if I were to tell you why I'm being so nice to you, then Jean would be pissed off. As much as I act an asshole, I also took his feelings into consideration, that's why I can't tell you."

"I care about Jean's feelings trust me, but whatever the hell it is, spill it out. You're making me nervous."

"y/n, I already told you I can't. Not only that, but I won't. I won't tell you why."

"So then why the hell did you even come out here then? Why even talk to me, if you can't even explain why you talk to me in the first place."

He stayed silent.

"Say something, please."

I was on the verge of tears. This entire day was weighing down on me. This was just the thing that did it for me, the thing that finally made me break.

He looked at me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you. If you think it's better for me not to talk to you, then I won't."

"I never said that. All I wanted was an explanation for why the hell you're being so nice. Is it really too much to ask for?"

I was crying, crying for the fourth day in a row.

"Love, stop crying."

"No, you don't have the right Eren. This entire day has been nothing but shit, and you're the one to add the fucking cherry on top. Stop calling me those stupid fucking pet names. Stop talking to me. You can't even tell me what I want to know, so fuck you. I don't care if you stop talking to me, just one more fucking person out of my life. I'm alone and probably always will be. I don't need you, so leave. Leave, if you can't tell me what I want to know. Leave, if you have to keep shit from me. I thought we were starting to become friends, but I was wrong, wrong like I always am."

I was crying hard, I was tired. Tired of all this shit, tired of everything. First the situation with Jean and my mom, now this?

"I hate you, Jaeger. I mean that from the bottom of my heart."

"Fuck you."

He finally looked me in the eye. He was surprised.

"Don't just fucking sit there, and act surprised. Say something, god damnit."

"y/n for the last time. I can't fucking tell you, okay?"

Why the hell am I crying?

I wiped my tears with my sleeve and looked him dead in the eye. I was angry, I was beyond pissed off now.

"Then you can say goodbye to any friendship you thought we were going to have. If what you can't tell me is really that fucking important to you, then you can say goodbye. Say goodbye to me, and that stupid ass fucking pet name. I'm done with you're bullshit, done with you going back and forth between being an asshole and then a gentleman. I'm fucking done with you. I'm done trying to encourage myself, to make whatever the fuck we have going on work. I'm done, so if it's really that important to you, then bye Eren."

He gave me a sympathetic look, like he wanted to say something, but he didn't. The problem was he didn't say anything, that was the last straw for me.

"Bye, and don't think about trying to text or call me, because I won't answer."

I got up and walked away. I didn't want to deal with this anymore.

I opened the door to the inside of the house and left. I didn't bother to say bye to anyone. Saying dumb ass goodbyes, we're the least of my worries. There were more things to worry about, like where I was going to sleep tonight. I started asking myself whether or not I should even stop talking to Jean. If I stopped talking to everyone then the problem would go away, so that's what I decided. I was going to keep Jean around, though. I needed at least one friend. I needed at least one person to talk to.

I got in my car and sat there. The first thing I did was block Eren. I didn't owe him an explanation. I hated being rude to other people, and pushing them away. If pushing them away was the only way people would learn, then so be it. I would put my foot down and act like a coldhearted bitch, I didn't care anymore. I had nothing left to lose. If all anyone ever wants to do is make me, cry, and keep things from me, then I'll be that rude asshole.

I started my car and made my way home. I didn't bother asking my mom if I could stay at the house, most she'd do is kick me out. Oh well, nothing to lose, right? On my way home, I noticed that I was getting text from people. I chose to ignore their text, eventually just powering my phone off. Going a week or so without my phone would do me some good, so that's what I decided. When I got home, I went into my room and locked my phone in one of my drawers. I finally plopped myself into my bed and began falling asleep. I went to sleep that night, without a care in the world. I slept peacefully, like all my problems were finally starting to disappear.