Thank you.

Saturday 11:50pm

Saturday 11:50pm

Me, Araceli, and Jazlynn sat in Ivan's Mustang as he drove us back to my house. He sounded angry when I called him, but he's been weirdly quiet the entire ride. Longest 20 minutes of my life. Silenece magnified the awkwardness of the drive.

We approached my house and Ivan put the car in park but didn't turn it off.

Araceli reached for the door to open it and Ivan spoke. "Cel, go get your things. Bailey, give her the keys so she can unlock the door." He said gripping the steering wheel tightly.

I was about to protest til he turned around in his seat and stared into me. I took my keys out my pocket and gave them to Araceli. She got out the car with tears in her eyes and lifted the seat for us to get out.

Jazlynn got out and said she was going to get her things to go home too. I gave her a faint wave.

As I climbed out Ivan stopped me.

"Bailey," he exhaled. "I'm trying not to be angry. But I am disappointed. I trusted you guys."

Tears welled up in my eyes. "Please don't be mad and don't blame Araceli, we went to a kickback with one of our friends from another school. Him and his girlfriend got into it, so we couldn't ride with them anymore." I explained, which wasn't completely a lie. "I'm really sorry that we ruined your night"

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me intensely.

He sighed hand ran his hand over his hair.

"Thank you, B." He finally spoke.

"Huh?" I looked at him confused. "Why are you thanking me?"

"For calling me when you needed help."

I exhaled. "Well what are big brothers for?" I said grabbing him and hugging him. "Thank you for coming when I needed you."

We released from our embrace and I got out the car as Araceli and Jazlynn were coming out the house.

I hugged Jazlynn and she got in her Jeep and drove off.

I hugged Araceli tight and rubbed her back. "He's not mad at you. It's okay now."

She nodded her head and threw her bag in the backseat and got in the front seat.

"Drive safe." I waved as they drove off.

I turned around to see Key had been sitting on the porch. Instead of making a fool of myself anymore that night, I just went in the house.