We not gon make it.

Thursday 7:00pm

Thursday 7:00pm

I laid in bed looking up at the ceiling. Today was my last day of freedom before my mom came back. I hadn't talked to Key in 2 days and he hadn't been home since the day we argued.

How could something so stupid ruin something so great.

The doorbell rang. I huffed getting out the bed. I looked at myself in the hallway mirror. I looked a mess, but I didn't care. I walked down the stairs slowly. The doorbell rang again.

I opened the door to see Jazlynn standing there with her face soaked with tears.

"What's wrong?" I said grabbing and hugging her.

"I need to talk to Stone, but when I knocked on the door over there, nobody answered." She said pointing over to Jah jah's house.

I looked out and neither the Cadillac or BMW were outside.

"Come sit down, I'll call Key, and see where he is." I told her running back upstairs to grab my phone.

I dialed him as I walked back out my room.

"Wassup?" He picked up.

My heart skipped a beat. I'd never heard his voice over the phone before. I didn't know what to say.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Oh... Um..." I struggled with my words. "Is Eric with you?" I whispered.

"Yeah, we at my apartment, why the fuck you askin me bout that nigga?" Key asked obviously still upset.

"Jazzy just came to my house crying. She said she needs to talk to him, and no one was next door." I explained trying to keep my voice even.

"Aight. Just tell her come here. I'll text you the address." He said hanging up before I could say anything more.

I got the text right after.

I walked down the stairs to tell her.

"Hey, Key sent me the address to where they are if you wan-"

"Come with me B. Please?" She said

"Okay, you want me to drive?"

"Yeah." She said sniffling.

She handed me the keys and we took off.

We pulled up to the address from my text messages and I was regretting my decision more and more. He lived in a part of town I would have never come to on my own. It wasn't bad and run down like some of the other hoods, but there were a lot of niggas out and about. And even more where I had to park to get out.

I thought I saw Key's car, but it was parked next to a black BMW and a gray Mercedez. There were niggas sitting around all three, shooting dice, so that might not have been it.