{3}

"tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping," lydia informed as she turned toward the pack. "it was a real disorder. it was night terrors."

"yeah, well, now she's the night terror," stiles did some hand movements, "especially since no one can find her."

"wait, so since she was having night terrors she murdered people?" tay asked, trying to understand the situation better.

apparently tracy stewert had been having night terrors and committed murders; the victims worked with the sheriff. and donavan, the person they were taking away, had gotten away then found by scott. well, it was technically one murder, the others were just injured.

lydia just shrugged.

scott went into 'leader-alpha mode' as he nodded, "ok, i know we're all tired and miserable..." he paused, looking at mason, who looked like a child getting candy. "except for you."

"oh. i'm sorry." mason was still smiling. "this is all just mind-blowing." he looked at kira as tay and liam shared a look. "y-you're a kitsune. i don't even know what that is," he exclaimed.

kira nodded. "i'm still learning."

"tay, liam, we said you could tell him. not invite him to the inner circle." stiles scowled.

"uh, i-i'm in the inner circle?" mason asked.

"no," liam and stiles denied.

"yes!" tay said over them. she giggled at their glares, liam's expression immediately turning into a happy one.

scott interrupted an argument that was about to happen, "guys, look, back to tracy. she's just one lone wolf. we can find her."

"one lone serial-killing wolf," malia corrected.

"yeah, a lone serial-killing wolf that's on a murder spree." tay added.

"uh, she only killed one person, you know." stiles held his hands up. "the other two were mauled."

tay sighed. "feels like my freshman and sophomore year all over again. stupid peter, stupid kanima, stupid matt."

scott bit his tongue to keep himself from laughing, knowing it wasn't the time.

"alright, what do we do when we catch her?" stiles asked.

"i saw we put her down," malia decided.

tay slowly raised her hand. "i second that."

liam put her hand down, making her pout.

everyone stood there in silence after that, glancing at each other.

"intense."

tay laughed, loving how mason saying one word could brighten this whole thing for her. "oh, man. mason, i love you; did i ever tell you that?"

mason smirked. "no, not really."

"i love you."

he grinned. "i love you too."

tay and mason had been friends since the day they met on the playground when she was in third grade. she was swinging on the swing sets and mason was running in between the swings, getting hit by tay in the process. since then, they had been best friends and she met liam soon after that. that'd all been best friends since.

scott sighed. "guys, let's concentrate on catching her first."

"but that's stupid," tay deadpanned. "we catch her, yeah, then what? if we have no plan, we'll be fucked."

"i'm sure you'd like to be fucked," stiles muttered, gaining an unamused look from everyone. he put his hands up in defense, "i'm just saying! have you seen the way she looks at-"