{8}

tay glared at the ceiling of her room, trying to yank the wire that was placed into her arm.

her room was empty, the only things being the shitty mattress she was laying on and the machine the wire was connected to that lead too far for her to get up and just break it.

tay kept trying to pull the wire out that was filled with iron. she was beyond weak, so she wasn't strong enough to pull it out. and it had been what felt like months. she wasn't sure.

she had plenty of weaknesses. iron weakened her and enough could kill her, silver did kill her, and fire could kill her within seconds. but she hadn't had to worry about one for a while.

mistletoe.

that was it, and she didn't know why she didn't figure it out sooner.

she sniffled, holding back her tears as she just wished to be with liam and her friends. she positioned herself so she had a foot on the wire that lead to a small machine. she pressed hard with her foot and yanked the wire while pulling her arm away.

she felt like it had been hours of her doing that.

she fell to her side from exhaustion, taking a deep breath before pulling one last time. and it came out. 

tay exhaled in relief. luckily it was morning, so lena wouldn't be coming in until after work, which was at six. she laid there for the rest of the day, getting her strength back.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

tay stood behind the door as she waited for lena to come up with her daily dinner.

she had a plan.

after a minute, lena opened the door and walked in, stopping when she noticed tay wasn't in her spot.

tay rushed forward, wrapping the wire around lena's neck, holding it tightly as she could with one hand, while pinching the woman's pressure point to get her to pass out quicker.

lena groaned, reaching for her phone. it fumbled out of her hand and she pressed some buttons while trying to push tay off of her. her phone started ringing , calling someone.

"lena?"

tay grunted when she was flipped over lena's shoulder, yanking lena's leg to knock her down too. she swung her legs over, straddling lena while wrapping her hands around her throat. she grunted with effort, ignoring the pain of lena kicking her.

"lena, what-"

"get off!" lena choked out. "g-ga-"

tay squeezed tighter, her mind flashing to void. she pushed the memory away, listening to her gasps and choked noises, waiting till she passed out from lack of oxygen before slowly letting go. she grabbed lena's phone, seeing no contact name on whoever was called. then she slammed the phone down, breaking it into pieces.

she slowly stood, staring at lena's unconscious body before running out of the room, ignoring how tired, exhausted, and weak she was. she stopped in the living room when sam stood there.

sam sighed, jerking his head toward the door. "go."

"wh-what?" she stammered.

"go," she repeated. "but you have to punch my first so she thinks i tri-"

tay swung her fist, and hard.

sam groaned, holding his eye that would definitely be bruised. "ow, alright."

tay nodded. "thank you, sam." she didn't like how he didn't get her out sooner, but she appreciated this.

he nodded too. "here." he handed her shoes and her phone, not having anything else of hers.