{8}

"malia!" tay exclaimed, rushing over to her. "what happened? are you ok? are you healing?"

"i'm fine," she assured. "it just hurts. theo shot me and i had my ass kicked by my mom."

tay sighed. "at least you're alive." she turned to braeden. "you too. hey, aren't you supposed to be with derek making sure he doesn't get himself killed?"

braeden laughed. "he's fine. don't worry, he isn't dead just yet."

tay smiled.

"deaton," scott breathed, walking over to his father-figure and hugging him.

deaton smiled, his chin resting on scott's shoulder. scott locked eyes with malia, the two sharing a smile.

tay gave braeden a high-five before walking over to liam, leaning on him. liam wrapped an arm around her, holding her tight.

"looks like we have to reschedule that date again."

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"there's four steps." stiles inhaled. "we get into eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get lydia, get out."

"and we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a mountain ash barrier," scott added.

"you have a plan for all of that?" malia checked.

stiles held up a key card. "i stole this last night off an orderly."

tay grinned. "oh yeah." she high-fived him.

stiles huffed, his arm dropping sadly. "it's unless cause they reset the codes each night."

tay pouted. "oh no."

"wait, so why did you take it?" kira asked.

"i'm getting to that," he insisted.

"the only way to get lydia out of eichen is to make that key card work again," scott stated.

"how are you going to do that?" liam questioned.

"we're getting to that, ok, just listen." stiles turned the laptop around so they could see the screen. "i pulled all the history off the key card. two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. during a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. so if we trigger a reboot..."

"the card goes back to default," liam stated. "it works again."

"and then we can get in." tay nodded.

"how are we going to cause a brownout?" kira asked.

"that's your part," scott told her. "you're gonna draw bower from the main line. but only enough to cause the brownout."

"not a blackout," stiles spoke, pressing his palms together. "do that and you send eichen into lockdown, which would be bad. very, very bad."

"there's an electrical room behind the reception counter," scott informed. "the main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all over eichen."

kira made a face, "ok, slight problem. i don't know how to do that."

"i have a feeling you're gonna have to learn," tay muttered.

scott nodded at tay in agreement. "that's ok, kira. you have time to practice."

"let's say all this goes perfectly," malia spoke.

"which it probably won't." tay shrugged, gaining a scowl from stiles.

"how does a brownout get us into the closed unit of eichen?"