{10}

tay ran through the woods with liam. "mase!"

"mason?! mason!"

"come on, w-we just- we wanna help, mason! corey!" 

"ah!" liam yelled, tripping over a branch. "shit!"

tay skid to a stop, moving so she was standing over liam. "you ok, blue eyes?"

liam groaned, sitting up and taking the hand tay offered to pull him up. "kinda. but..."

"guys!" hayden called, running over. "hey. i want to help."

liam shook his head as he panted. "i fucking lost it. i lost the scent."

"i'll help you find it," hayden offered. "and, uh, tay, i'm with you guys. you, liam, scott, all of you. i just wanted to tell you myself."

tay nodded. "thanks. that means a lot but, um, considering mason's the beast and is gone, i can't really show that, ya'know?"

she nodded too. "'course. c'mon, we gotta find that scent."

the three started running again, needing to find mason.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"my dad's got an APB out," stiles stated. 

"for a five-eight sixteen-year-old?" kira asked.

"i recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf."

"of course you did," tay mumbled.

"it still might not be him," liam tried.

tay sighed. "yeah. ma-maybe he's being framed or something. framed, very well."

they all gave them sympathetic looks.

liam's head dropped. "but, hayden's at the school looking."

"i can keep checking the woods," malia offered.

"my mom can check all the hospitals in the county," scott spoke up, walking into the kitchen.

they all turned to him.

"we can find him."

"what happens then?" liam asked.

"what do we do?" tay added. "i mean, if he's actually the beast, we need to do something. i c- i can't- i-"

liam squeezed her hand. "hey, breathe."

tay inhaled deeply, slowly exhaling as her lip trembled slightly.

"then we figure out a way to save him," scott told them. 

liam nodded, rubbing his thumb on tay's hand.

"ok. where else could we look?" lydia asked.

"let's ask corey."

tay furrowed his eyebrows. "but he's-"

she cut herself off when scott reached next to him, yanking an invisible corey's shirt and making him visible.

"corey," tay said with sigh.

"wait, wait," he stammered, seeing scott's dark look. "it's not my fault. they took him and i couldn't do anything."

tay's heart dropped to her stomach. "what?"

"who? who took him?"

corey glanced at the others before looking back at scott. "the dread doctors."

tay inhaled shakily, gripping her glass. it broke in her hand, glass shattering everywhere. everyone covered their faces as glass ended up in her cheek, arm, and hands.