{7}

"stiles, keep going!" lydia exclaimed.

"stiles, come on!" scott urged.

"we can see you, stiles, don't stop!"

"stiles!"

the light faded out.

scott gaped. "no... stiles! stiles!"

"stiles?" lydia called.

tay shook her head. "guys, he's not here."

"i'm sorry," isaac whispered to them.

"no, where is he?" lydia asked.

"lydia..." malia sighed. 

"it was working," she insisted.

"he was there." scott nodded. 

"you didn't see him?" lydia asked.

"no one was there," tay muttered.

"we didn't see anyone," malia added.

"stiles isn't here," isaac told them.

"no." lydia shook her head, she and scott staring at where the light just was. "he was here. i know it"

scott nodded. "i know, lydia. he was right there."

"stiles was here."

"maybe he ended up somewhere else," tay tried.

isaac and malia shared a look.

"come on," he said, pulling the two gently. "let's go back in there."

they went back to the room.

scott went to shut the door but someone stopped him.

"liam..."

tay's head snapped over. "oh thank god. how'd it go? where's theo? are you hurt?"

liam quickly hugged her, burying his face into her neck. "i love you. oh god." 

"i love you too." tay kissed his cheek. "ok, but really, where's theo?"

he hesitated, lifting his head. "he fought the ghost riders. i don't know where he went or if he was taken."

she frowned. "oh." she cleared her throat and nodded. "ok. i'm sure he's fine." she knew he was probably taken, so she would have to get him out as soon as possible. but for now, she had to focus.

liam squeezed her hand before looking at scott. "there's something you need to see. you too, tay."

"you're still here," scott noted.

"no shit," he muttered light-heartedly. "everyone else is gone. all of them. they're all gone. look, you have to come with me."

"wh-what is it?" scott asked.

"i-i-i-i can't explain it," liam stuttered. "i have to show you." he turned to tay. "and you're not leaving my side. i hated that. now, come on." he started walking, tay doing the same.

scott turned to the others. "uh, alright. yo-you guys stay here. just in case."

"in case stiles comes back?" malia asked. 

"yeah." he nodded. "and you need to keep trying."

"scott-" isaac spoke.

"stay here," he told him. he left the room and shut the door, him and tay following liam.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"jesus," tay whispered, seeing train tracks in the hall of the hospital.