{4}

"you said to find a safe place," liam defended when scott and isaac walked into the mccall house hold, seeing the damage. "so we brought the party here."

"this is a safe place," tay added. "so, technically, we did as told."

"who said to throw a party at all?" scott asked.

"you said keep her safe and find a safe place," tay exclaimed. "that's what we tried to do and in the end succeeded."

"yeah, at least we saved gwen." liam nodded.

isaac sighed, staring at a bottle of alcohol. 

scott stepped forward. "but you saw one of the ghost riders."

"corey made him visible so we could fight him," liam explained.

tay smiled. "i couldn't be the navigator the whole time. corey used his brain and grabbed him to make him seen."

"alright, but doesn't the book say that if you see the wild hunt, you'll be taken too?" scott tried.

"it was just you guys who saw him, right?" isaac pipped up. "you guys we can protect. but not everyone."

liam gulped. "everyone at the party saw him. does that mean that..."

"they're all gonna be taken."

"no." tay sighed. "we're all going to be taken. shit."

scott accidentally stepped on some glass, his shoe crushing it. "i should have been here."

"don't blame yourself," isaac told him. "we didn't know that would happen."

tay ran a hand over her face, sharing a look with liam.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"that's how he got in?" corey asked, the six staring up.

"what is it?" liam inquired.

there was... something weird on the ceiling. there was a black spot there with lines around it, leading away.

"it's a point of impact from a lighting strike," mason explained. "usually you'd find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm."

"that's how the ghost rider got in. he rode lightning," scott realized.

isaac furrowed his eyebrows. "i thought that was obvious? didn't we go over how they're kinda like the dread doctors?"

tay shrugged. "i dunno. i just go with it."

"wait, if they can use lightning to get past the mountain ash..." liam started.

"no place is safe," scott concluded.

"so everyone is in danger. as always," isaac commented, getting a nudge from scott. 

"what about the others? it's my fault they're marked," corey said.

"it's not just your fault, corey. it's all of ours," tay assured.

"yeah, we'll find a way to protect them." scott nodded. "all of them."

"how the hell do we do that?" isaac deadpanned.

"we'll figure it out," tay decided awkwardly. "i guess. i don't know, i can't think right now cause i feel like i'm gonna pass out of exhaustion."

liam separated their hands sadly but wrapped an arm around her happily. "you can sleep, i'll make sure you don't fall over."

tay sighed. "you're the best."

isaac cleared his throat mockingly, smirking at the two. "there's still people here, in case you forgot."