"hayden," tay whispered, standing behind a wall at beacon hills high.

said girl turned her head, her eyes wide. she looked around.

"over here. bring 'em."

hayden tapped mason and corey, pulling them with her. once she turned the corner, all three of them froze, the boys not saying any complaints anymore.

"tay?!" the three exclaimed.

she held her arms out. "hi!"

"tay!" they pulled her into a group hug, squeezing the life out of her.

"can't... breathe," she rasped out.

they loosened their grips ever so slightly.

tay wrapped her arms around their necks, hugging back. "so sweet."

they let go after a long moment, and mason started jumping. 

"you're back!" he laughed. "you're back!"

hayden covered her mouth in shock to hold back a sob. "you're actually here. holy fuck."

corey grinned. "i love the hair, even though i already told you, but still."

tay ran her hand through the side of it, smiling. "thank you, even though i already told you too."

mason burst into tears. "it's sucked here with you gone!" he flung his arms around her, clinging onto her. "it's so painfully boring!"

"hey," corey faked offense.

"not you included, you make it fun... very fun."

he grinned again.

"wait, where's liam?" mason asked.

"his teacher had him stay after class cause of some stupid test appernetly." tay shrugged. "i saw him already, don't worry."

hayden gasped. "have you seen the others? oh my god, come on! what the hell are you waiting for?!" she started dragging tay with her as she walked the halls, mason and corey following. "thankfully they have a free period or lunch right now. to the library we go!"

𖦹𖦹𖦹

stiles was the first to notice her walk in with the others. "oh my god!" he screamed.

scott immediately looked up. "what- holy shit!"

malia gasped. "tay!"

lydia's head snapped over from the book she was reading. "t- jesus!"

stiles screamed again, running over and practically jumping on top of tay. "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

"ah!" tay laughed, almost falling but holding stiles up as he wrapped his legs around her waist. somehow he was doing it despite their height difference.

"shush!" the librarian hissed.

"you shush, our best friend just got back," malia retorted. "get off, i wanna hug."

stiles made a weird noise, getting off of tay after a moment. malia pulled tay into her arms right away, only to get pushed off by scott a long moment later.

"my turn!" he complained, his cheek pressing onto tay's head. "i missed you, my dear child!"

"i'm still a year younger," tay mumbled.

"move, move!" lydia exclaimed, strutting over. she hugged tay as tight as possible. 

tay humphed playfully, trying to process all this affection hitting her at once. she missed this. "hey, where's isaac?"