{10}

tay swiped the card in the thing, liam opening the door.

"we're getting you out of here," liam told them.

"come on." tay nodded.

they ran off, stopping when they noticed the two didn't follow. they shared a look and a sigh before walking back to the cell.

"what are you doing?" liam exclaimed. "come on."

"we can hear them out there. a lot of heart beats," tierney argued.

"and guns," jiang added.

"yeah, people and guns that can kill you if you're stuck in here!" tay raised her voice.

"you want to be locked in a cell if they get in here, or do you want to come with us?" liam raised his eyebrows.

they shared a look before following tay and liam.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"you ready?" scott took a deep breath.

"no." tay shook her head.

"me neither." isaac nodded.

he flicked out his claws and she glowed her eyes anyway.

lydia nodded.

malia growled.

liam flicked out his claws too.

tay and liam turned to theo, giving him a look. everyone else just looked at him.

"come on," she urged quietly.

theo looked between everyone before he stared at tay for a moment. he huffed, lifting his hand and showing his claws. he raised his eyebrows.

they faced forward, ready to charge.

"nobody's going anywhere," noah spoke up.

they turned to him.

"i can get through them," lydia stated.

"we," isaac corrected.

"we're not gonna fire the first shot." noah shook his head. "now, get back from the door. all of you. parrish, get these two back in their cell."

parrish complied, bringing tierney and jiang away.

scott walked up to noah. "what happened?"

"they gave us till midnight," he informed.

tay frowned. "they meaning lena too?"

noah hesitantly nodded.

she scoffed sadly, looking down at the floor. liam grabbed her hand, giving a squeeze to try to comfort her.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"we're gonna need help eventually," parrish stated after the pack pushed some things against the door.

"any help we call is gonna risk exposing scott and the others," noah responded.

"if they see actual werewolves, they're not gonna be able to tell the good guys from the bad."

"if quinn's right about one of our deputies, i'm not sure we're gonna be able to tell either."

tay looked through the blinds accidentally, locking eyes with lena. she gulped with a shudder, stepping away.

liam put a hand on her back. "she's not getting anywhere near you."

she shook her head. "i..." she looked at liam, him understanding just by the look in her eye.