Caring for you

1 day later after bullies went to prison

Marshall's mom was checking on patients, who were almost ready for discharge. She was waiting for phone call from Marshall as he promised her that he'll tell Skye about Chases birthday. So Mrs.Marshall prepared a little chocolate pie with blueberries, instead of cake, which was quite bad for patients, who just woke up from coma. Still, Chase was laying in coma and some of doctors started losing hope, that he'll make it. His health suffered too much of physical pressure. When Mrs.Marshall finished check up on other patient, she looked at clock, which was showing 4:30 p.m, at this time Marshall should have call her. Suddenly, a nurse arrived to her very quickly.

Nurse: Mrs.Marshall, Mr.Marks!! He's... he's waking up!

Mrs.Marshall: Lead the way!

They ran to room where Chase was staying and saw that he moved his head to the left and to the right. Then he opened his eyes and started looking around. Suddenly a phone started buzzing.

Mrs.Marshall: Ok, check on him please. I'll come back soon.

Nurse: Ok ma'am!

Mrs.Marshall went to hall, where she answered on call.

(Call start)

Marshall: Hey mom!

Mrs.Marshall: Hey son! Did you tell Skye about Chases birthday?

Marshall: Yep! She already brought present and going to hospital.

Mrs.Marshall: Good! Chase woke up by the way!

Marshall: Mom!! You made my day!!

Mrs.Marshall: I know, honey hehe. When Skye will arrive?

Marshall: In 2 or 3 minutes.

Mrs.Marshall: Oh, I see her. Talk to you later. Bye!

Marshall: Bye, mom!

(Call end)

She went to entrance to meet Skye and they shacked hands to each other. Then Mrs.Marshall lead Skye to Chases room, where nurse finished checking on him. She exited the room to see Mrs.Marshall and Skye.

Skye: So how is he?

Nurse: He's good. Remembered what happened. I gave him some water and food and he ate it so fast. He also was skinny as I touched him to check on wounds.

Skye: Jeez, thank you.

Mrs.Marshall: Stop, I gonna bring something!

She ran to hospital kitchen and took a pie from fridge. Then Mrs.Marshall returned back and gave this pie to Skye. Skye thanked her and entered the room. Chase was laying in bed, eyes were half-closed. A smile appeared on his face as he saw Skye.

Skye: Chasey! (hugs him) I've missed you.

Chase (hugs her): I've missed you too.

Skye: Well, nurse told me about your condition. Still feeling tired?

Chase: Yup.

Skye: Good, you need to rest, you deserved it. Listen, I need to ask you something.

Chase: Go on.

Skye: Do you know when's your birthday?

Chase: Well... Errr... It's today, I think... Yeah! Today!

Skye: Great! So happy birthday Chase! (hands a present)

Chase: Oh, what's that?

Skye: It's your present. Take it.

Chase: Ok.

Skye noticed that Chase was quite confused about present, he didn't expect that and someting was telling Skye that birthday situation is worse than she expected.

Skye: Did you ever celebrate your birthday?

Chase: N-no. Never, I never thought that birthday means something very special. I know only that at this day, I'll become year older. Nothing more, it was usual day for me.

Skye got completely shocked. No birthday celebrations, that was more than horrific. She then saw that tears started forming in his eyes and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

Skye: Shhh, calm down. I'm not gonna torchere you. Knowing your past, I understand that you had no time for that. And I'll fix it now. Please open the present.

Chase felt warmer after Skyes kiss, took present and opened it. There was headphones with heart pillow, which had initials "CxS". He smiled widely and tired to get up to hug Skye. Instead Skye hugged him and kissed his forehead, like answering "you're welcome". Then they let go of hug as Chase smelled something.

Chase: Smells tasty.

Skye: It's a pie. Marshall's mom cooked for you.

Skye cut the piece and gave it to Chase, who bit a big slice of that piece. She giggled as Chase licked his lips in satisfaction

Chase: Mmmm, delicious! Is it with blueberries?

Skye: Yes!

Chase: My favourite! Come on, taste yourself.

For next 10 minutes the couple ate whole pie as Skye was holding Chases right hand. As they finished with pie, Skye leaned on Chase and touched her nose with his.

Skye: Remember, I'll always take care for you, because I love you.

Chase: I'll do the same, because I love you too... Thank you for everything you did to me.

Skye: You're welcome. Happy birthday, errr... I don't know how old are you now.

Chase: 18!

Skye (smiles): Woow! Already mature, congrats.

Chase: Hehe.

Chapter done!! Hope you will like it!! By the way, the book is almost over. 3 or 4 more chapters, or even 5. See you soon and stay safe ))))