Fireworks

Summary: The 1D boys attended a Fourth of July party in the US. Unbeknownst to Louis, Harry is scared of fireworks.

Ignore all the celebrity names I dropped in this lmao

-

Louis isn't quite sure why Olly Murs has decided to host a Fourth of July party in his Los Angeles home; he is British, after all. Additionally, he doesn't know why Harry keeps disappearing.

Harry. The boy who thinks Louis is too cool for him, and who is insecure about being surrounded by a bunch of half-naked girls and fit guys when he has abs that are only a little less visible and extra fat on his hips. Little does Harry know, he is the only person Louis cares about at this party--besides their band mates, of course.

"Has anyone seen my boy?" Louis asks a group of his friends.

"No, sorry," Ed Sheeran answers for the group; yet another Brit celebrating an American holiday.

"Last I saw he went upstairs with someone," Liam says from across the room. Louis nods, then makes his way through the crowded house, carefully stepping over red solo cups filled with alcohol, various groups of people doing loud drunk activities and having loud conversations, and most importantly, a couple making out next to the stairs.

Once upstairs, Louis sighs and begins knocking on each closed door in the long hallway. If nobody answers, he peeks inside just in case. Just as he is about to knock on the third door, he hears muffled moans.

"Shit..." he mutters to himself, then clears his head and keeps going. Each additional door he knocks on adds to his worry, because Harry just disappeared out of the blue. In fact, Louis had asked Harry to swim with him, and Harry agreed and said he wanted to change into his swimsuit. Louis knocks on the fifth and final door in the hallway, fully expecting to hear another stranger's voice.

"Occupied," Harry calls. Louis picks his head up and he feels refreshed, because he has finally found Harry. When he opens the door, he sees Harry sitting in a bean bag chair in the corner of the room. He also sees a girl sitting criss-crossed on the bed and facing Harry. Louis has to force himself not to jump to conclusions and be angry at Harry, but that is difficult when an attractive girl with a pixie cut and tan skin is sitting on a perfectly made bed and talking to Harry.

"So much for changing into your swimsuit then, hmm?" Louis cocks his head and slightly raises an eyebrow.

"Sorry, I got distracted. Um, Louis, this is Ruby." Louis looks at Ruby, who smiles and rises from the bed. She has tattoos and appears confident, and Louis has to force himself to look away.

"Ruby Rose, nice to meet you. I'm a big fan," she says, so relaxed that it almost comes off as cocky.

"Louis, nice to meet you. How do you know Olly?" Louis wonders, now somewhat skeptical.

"We worked on a television show together when he was in Australia last year. He's quite the guy. So is Harry, he's very charming, you better keep an eye on him," she teases.

"Yeah, I've got my eye on him," Louis says. While Louis feels tension building in the room, Harry looks like he could not be more amused by Louis and Ruby's interaction, namely Louis' unwarranted jealousy. "So has Harry given you his number yet? He's quite the flirt."

"That's sweet." Ruby chuckles, then sucks her teeth. "I bat for the other team. By the looks of it, I'm guessing both of you do as well," she quietly says close to Louis' ear, sending shivers down his spine. "But don't worry," she starts in a normal tone, "your secret's safe with me." With that, Ruby leaves the room, quietly shutting the door behind her.