Teachers

Summary: English teacher Louis and art teacher Harry are dating. When they are outed, everything seems to be okay...for Louis, at least.

Watched My Policeman one night, brought this out of The Vault™ the next day bc it reminded me of this 🤭 enjoy!

-

The bell rings through the school, signaling the start of the last hour of the day. Louis takes a sip of water before standing in front of his class. None of his students are paying attention to him; kids are facing each other and talking, and Louis smiles.

"Alright everybody! Let's continue working on the projects we started yesterday." Louis claps his hands together, and a few students groan as they lazily turn to face the front of the classroom. "I know it's Friday and you all want to get out of here, but we only have 45 minutes left!" He enthusiastically says to his year 10 English class.

"Can we have a study hall?" A girl asks. A few of her classmates agree, and Louis sighs.

"You can if you finish your group projects," he says, hoping his words motivate the students to get their work done.

"When are they due?" A boy asks.

"They're due at the end of class on Monday," Louis replies, then turns to write the due date on the large white board.

"Uhh, Mr. Tomlinson? What if we don't finish?" Another boy asks. He laughs along with a few of his friends, and Louis amusedly rolls his eyes at them. The boy who asked is named Mark, and he is known as the class clown.

"You got half of class yesterday, you have all day today, and all day Monday. If you don't finish, that's your own fault," Louis lightheartedly replies. As his students push their desks together and get to work, Louis returns to his desk. He finished all of his grading during his free hour earlier in the day, so he looks around his desk for things to do. He taps his foot, fixes the collar on his white button-down shirt, and even reties his black dress shoes. Suddenly, his phone buzzes.

H: Can you come to my room please?

Louis: Can you just text me? I have a class right now

Louis watches the three dots dance in the light grey message bubble on his screen while Harry types.

H: It's fine, I just wanted to see you

The dots disappear after that, and Louis doesn't receive any more texts from Harry. He sighs, because while Harry most likely just went back to work, Louis can't help but fear he's upset the boy.

"Um, Emerson, can you be in charge for a minute? I'm gonna go use the bathroom," he asks the student closest to his desk.

"Sure," she smiles, and Louis thanks her before heading to the door. He walks down the empty hallway with slight excitement, as he is on his way to see Harry.

"I really like where you're going with this, Adam. Just remember to add your black detail at the very end." Louis fondly watches from the doorway as Harry helps one of his students. Harry walks back to his desk, not acknowledging the teacher at the door.

Louis furrows his brows at this, then slowly walks over to Harry's desk at the other end of the room; the younger boy is already focused back on his sketchbook. Louis stands at the foot of the desk and taps his fingers on the wooden surface, pursing his lips and looking at the ceiling tiles past students have painted while he waits for Harry to notice him. "Yes? Oh, hi," Harry says as he pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose, his voice relaxing slightly as he realizes that Louis is the one standing at his desk.

"Did you see me earlier?" Louis wonders.

"When?" Harry asks, slightly cocking his head. The innocent boy looks confused, and Louis looks away to keep himself from smiling at how adorable he looks with his brows slightly furrowed and his lips in a small pout.