Strawberries and Cigarettes

Summary: Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan, but make it Larry.

Hopefully you guys know this song bc these are always more enjoyable to read when you know/like the song 🤞🏼

Also, to spare any possible "why?" comments, ✨it's up to your interpretation✨ hahaha

-

Remember when we first met?
You said "light my cigarette"
So I lied to my mom and dad
I jumped the fence and I ran

2011
Harry watches Louis run into Princess Park to grab snacks for the two of them. As soon as the door closes behind him, Harry's phone rings.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hi sweetheart!" Anne's bright voice comes through the speaker, and Harry immediately smiles.

"Hi mum. What's up?" Harry looks out at the trees on the horizon, observing the way the burning orange sun slowly sets behind them.

"How was your day?" She wonders.

"It was good. I'm actually hanging out with Louis right now," he mentions. The two of them spending time together this evening isn't an official date, but it sure feels like one to Harry.

"Oh, well that's nice. Are you still liking living together?" Harry's smile doubles in size, because living with Louis is nothing short of a dream. He gets to see his best friend every day, not only during work but also before and after it. Also, it seems like Louis' favorite thing to do is to make Harry laugh, which he achieves by being silly and a little bit obnoxious at times. It's fun living with such an energetic and carefree person, but what Harry likes the most about living with Louis is that the older boy is always there to cheer him up if he is having a bad day. No matter what, all Harry has to hear is one of Louis' original jokes (which are definitely not stolen off the internet), or receive a comforting hug from him to make him smile and feel better.

"Yeah, it's been great," Harry simply says.

"A little help!" Louis' voice suddenly cuts into the soft rustle of trees and chirp of birds.

"I have to go now, mum. Can I call you tomorrow?"

"Of course. Have fun with Louis, honey," she says.

"I will. Bye!" Harry puts his phone down on the wooden table in front of him and jogs over to Louis, who is struggling to pull the main door shut while holding what looks like a scattered robbery of their entire apartment. Harry takes a few things from Louis' arms, namely a blanket, a box of crackers, a lighter, a large bag of Smarties, and a water bottle. "Is there anything left in our flat?" Harry teases.

"I didn't know what we wanted, so I just grabbed everything," Louis explains with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. They go to where Harry was sitting and drop everything onto the circular table. "It's gotten a bit chilly out here," Louis says. Now that the sun is almost behind the trees, the world is dimly lit and a little chilly, starkly contrasting the warmth of the May afternoon.

"There's only one blanket," Harry says, letting Louis do whatever he wants with that information.

"Well we'll just have to move our chairs close together so we can share it, won't we?" Harry watches with a wide smile as Louis moves two chairs so close together that the arm rests are almost overlapping. He sits in the one on the right, and Harry happily settles into the one on the left. Only a sliver of sun is peeking over the top of the trees, but orange and yellow streaks of light are still etched into the dusty blue-grey dusk.

Louis unfolds the knitted emerald blanket and drapes it equally over their legs, then reaches for the lighter and drops it into Harry's lap. "Light my cigarette, would you?" He softly asks. Harry isn't sure why Louis always asks him to light his cigarette for him. He knows Louis knows how to use a lighter; maybe he has trouble lighting it while it's in his mouth. Or maybe he doesn't.