I'll Be Your Sunshine pt.1

Summary: Harry begins sixth form at an all-boys boarding school. Louis thinks Harry is the most special boy he's ever seen.

very much that one time when Louis dressed up as a Hogwarts student 😌🫶🏼

-

Life quickly becomes predictable at Chapman School for Boys. Students wake up, go to class, study, then spend their free time in study groups, playing sports, or watching or participating in the theater.

Nevermind the sometimes mundane weeks inside the historic walls, Louis has considered his school home ever since he enrolled at the age of 14. He keeps things interesting for himself by socializing with almost all of the boys--a few of the boys are quite fond of him after curfew.

Louis walks down the upper sixth hallway, heading back to his room to study after his morning classes, when he sees a new face. Not only does he see a new face, he sees an anxious one attached to a small frame, and that small frame is invisible to the other, older, boys in the hallway. Louis walks up to the boy, who is leaning against the stone wall while the hallway slowly empties.

"Hi," Louis says. The boy snaps his head to Louis, seemingly pulled out of his thoughts. His eyes keep shifting to and from Louis' eyes and he clutches the textbook in front of his chest tighter. "I'm Louis. Are you lost?" The boy simply nods. "Where are you trying to go?" The hallway clears, and only a few students occupy it now. The boy in front of Louis stands up straight and looks to the floor.

"My room," he quietly says.

"Your room? Okay, what's your room number?" The boy adjusts the textbook in his arms before responding.

"2L."

"Oh, you're in lower sixth," Louis observes. The boy's lack of response and physical delicateness sticks out like a sore thumb in comparison to the upper sixth boys, who are more mature and more grown up. "Let's go, then," Louis kindly says. The boy walks beside Louis, slightly behind him, as they go to the lower sixth hallway. "So, what were you doing in the upper sixth hallway?"

"I got lost," the boy mumbles.

"Oh, right. We already went over that. Sorry. What's your name?"

"I'm Harry."

"Harry? That's a nice name," Louis hums. Harry doesn't say anything, nor does he attempt to engage in conversation; he simply follows Louis to his room. Louis, being as extroverted as he is, cannot tell if Harry being reserved is just him being shy, or him not liking Louis. Regardless, he stops in front of 2L with a friendly smile on his face. "We're here." Louis purses his lips together awkwardly in the silence of the hallway, wishing Harry would say something. Harry looks at the door, ensuring that it is his room, then looks at Louis with a slightly relieved expression.

Now that Harry's chin is lifted and he isn't looking at the ground, Louis finally gets a good look at him. His brunette curls are swept across his forehead in a slight fringe and his skin is fair and completely void of facial hair, making him look much younger than he probably is.

"Thanks for helping." Harry is soft-spoken and sounds appreciative, but Louis doesn't see a smile or an ounce of joy on his face.

"No problem. How old are you, by the way?" Louis asks.

"I'm 16. How old are you?"

"I'm 17. Is this your first time at boarding school?" Louis cringes when he hears himself ask another question. He feels like he is bombarding the quiet boy, but he can't help it; he wants to figure him out.

"No. I've been in, um, boarding school since secondary school," Harry slowly replies. Louis nods, forcing himself to let the boy go instead of hounding him.