Praise

Summary: The one where Harry has a thing for being praised.

-

Being in a music studio and making music with your closest friends sounds like a dream to some people. However, when you are living that dream, you learn that it is not so glamorous all the time, as you have to work even when you are tired or sick.

"Harry, get your voice as high as you can," one of the producers says, pointing his index finger upwards to further drive his point.

"Okay," Harry nods, then turns around and takes the last sip from his small water bottle. He has been trying to hit a high note for the background vocals of one of their new songs, but that is extremely difficult to do with a cold.

When he positions himself back on front of the microphone in the recording booth, he looks into the adjacent room and sees Louis standing in the doorway with arms loosely crossed and softly biting his lip. Louis makes eye contact with Harry just as the music starts playing and Harry starts singing, and he holds up a new water bottle to show him. Harry raises his eyebrows to acknowledge Louis, then hits the high note perfectly and finishes the section. The producers both give Harry satisfied smiles and a thumbs up, and Harry smiles back before watching Louis make his way into the booth.

"Hey. I brought you water," Louis says. He puts the full water bottle on the small seat in the corner, then takes the empty one.

"Thanks. I don't think they realize that it's harder to sing when you've got a cold," he quietly chuckles, then takes a sip of water before coughing.

"They're not mad, so you're okay. You still sound just as amazing as ever," Louis reassures him, earning a smile from Harry.

"Are you up next?" He wonders, since none of the band members usually watch each other record their parts.

"Yup. I probably have to go now. But hey, that last one was really good, let's see the rest of them like that, yeah?" As soon as Harry processes Louis' words, he is taken back a bit. The words are warm and kind, and they let Harry know he is doing a good job. This is common language for Louis, but for some reason it just sits differently with Harry this time. The way Louis said the carefully crafted sentence, as well as the words themselves, has given Harry butterflies; he wants to keep doing a good job for Louis.

"Okay," Harry giddily smiles. He feels wrapped up in Louis as he watches the boy leave, returning to his spot against the wall. Harry continues recording solos and background tracks after that, replaying Louis' words in his mind over and over again. He ends up working himself up, and he feels the crotch of his jeans tightening as he gets hard.

Between recordings, he looks at Louis, who nods and mouths, "good job." Harry gets butterflies again, and he tries to move his legs in some way that offers him relief. By repeating Louis' words in his head and shifting his stance every few seconds, Harry ends up coming undone in his briefs, right in front of Louis and right in front of the producers; no one in the room seems to catch on.

-

The boys are still in the studio, even though they are running two hours past their allotted studio time. However, Liam and one of their writers have come up with an idea for a song, which leaves the other four band members stuck in the building to help out.

"Boys, do you like the first line or second line better?" Liam asks, then sings the same melody twice, each with different lyrics. He has to stop about three times when Harry sneezes, then restarts because he wants the boys to hear the full line. He restarts each time as well, which just ends up annoying him.

"Get those sneezes out," Louis quietly says to Harry, despite opposition from Liam. Harry finally lifts his head, sniffles, and relaxes, and Louis starts to rub his back as Liam sings the two lines once again.