Chapter 28 - A Date

I clicked on the sign and filled out the account form, typing in my details.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked me.

"Oh, I'm just searching something in Google."

"Okay."

I felt bad for not telling Harry. But why should I care? I have a free will and I could do whatever I want. He wouldn't be mad at me. Would he?

I erased the thought from my mind and pressed the submit button. I was sure to log off before giving the laptop back to Harry. I decided to tell him myself if I ever had a match. I scoffed. Not like that will ever happen.

*A week later*

So far, all this week had been fun. Me and Harry had gone to the seaside, the funfair, the park, the cinema and a restaurant. He really knew how to keep me occupied. As me and Harry were lying on the couch, watching TV an advert came on for a dating site. Oh shit, I completely forgot all about it.

"Harry, can I borrow your laptop again?"

"Sure." He smiled.

He passed me his laptop as I tiptoed upstairs.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

I froze. "Upstairs." I answered.

"With my laptop..? Why can't you do whatever you need to do on it here?"

"I just need to do it upstairs okay?"

"What's so secretive that you can't do it here?" Harry smirked. "You're not watching porn are you?"

My cheeks burned at his remark. "Of course not!"

"Okay, if you insist." He put his hands up. "But just do it here"

I sighed. He wasn't going to give up. "Fine."

~

I logged onto my account. I saw some notifications in the corner and clicked on them. I let out a small scream. Holy fudge. They had already found me a match!

"What is it?" Harry asked.

I took a deep breath. "Harry, I need to tell you something."

"Shoot."

"I applied to a dating website and they have already found me a match!" I told him. "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier."

"It's okay." He said in a small voice.

"Turns out that the guy works in that milkshake place down the road. And he messaged me telling me to meet him tomorrow at the city hall at 12:00pm. Will you please take me Harry?"

"I'm busy."

"Please? For me?"

He sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I jumped up excitedly and hugged him. "Thanks for understanding."

"Mm." He murmured.

~

The next day, I was so excited that I could scream. I got out my favourite red dress and applied lipstick and some eyeliner and curled my hair before slipping on my favourite wedged heels.

As I grabbed my purse, I heard a knock at the door.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked. "It's time to go."

I smiled. "Yeah."

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Harry looked up and his jaw dropped. He stared at me open - mouthed.

"What? Do I look okay?"

"Y-yeah, you look. You look n-nice. Holy fuck."

I blushed. "Aw. Let's go."

~

We arrived at the City Hall and walked to the milkshake place where my date was.

"Excuse me? Are you Ellie?"

I turned around and saw a tall, slim guy with his brown hair in quiff and a white shirt where you could see his muscles straining.

"Yeah." I said, breathless.

He smiled and put out his hand. "Jake."

I smiled and shook his hand.

"Would you like to take a seat and I'll order us some milkshakes." He said, inviting me over.

"Okay."

I looked at Harry. "I'll text you when I need to come home alright?"

"Sure." Harry said quietly before walking off.

I frowned. Why was he acting so differently lately?

~

"So what are your hobbies?" Jake asked.

"Um, I like singing, reading, drawing and just spending time with my family and friends." I smiled before mixing my milkshake. "What about you?"

"I like dancing, reading, going to the gym and acting."

"Oh, cool." I grinned.

"Maybe you'd like to see my at the gym one day?"

"Yeah, that would be good." I giggled.

"So, who was that guy who dropped you off?"

"Oh, that's Harry. My mate." I said awkwardly.

"He seems very protective of you."

"Yeah." I smiled. "He's always been like that though."

"Well I've had a really good time with you today. I'd like to see you again." Jake said.

"Yeah. Me too."

"What's your phone number?" He asked me.

I wrote my phone number on a piece of paper before handing it to him.

"Thanks. I'll text you." He winked before walking off.

I smiled before texting Harry, asking him to pick me up.

~

15 minutes later, Harry arrived, looking disinterested.

"So." He asked me as I got in the car. "Had fun?"

"Yeah." I grinned. "He's so nice and interesting. I think we definitely have chemistry."

"So does that mean you're going to see him again?"

"Definitely." I answered.

"Good for you."

I looked over at him. Even in the dark, I could see him frowning.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked, slightly irritated. "You don't seem the least bit happy about the fact that I've found someone that I really like. I don't know what's gotten into you lately, why can't you just be happy for me? I thought we were mates." I huffed.

"I'm happy okay?" He answered. "Just because you've found your 'true love' and I haven't doesn't mean that you can rub it in my face. I couldn't care less about your love life."

"Sorry." I mumbled.

We drove home in silence.

~