Chapter 17 - Awkward

As I woke up, I realised mine and Harry's legs were intertwined together and his hand was around my waist. I sighed. This was not helping.

I tried to move my leg, using my left arm to support me but Harry was too strong. I sighed and looked at him. Damn, he looked so cute when he was asleep.

"Harry." I gently shook him.

He twitched, but then remained in his exact same position again.

"Harry!" I said, louder.

He groaned, and slowly fluttered open his eyes. "What?" He moaned.

Woah. Hot damn.

I came back to reality and glanced at him. "Can you please move your leg?"

"No." He smirked.

"Please?" I pouted, batting my eyelashes.

He chuckled before quickly kissing me on the neck. "Okay." He untangled himself from me and let me go.

I sat up and threw my legs over the side of the bed before standing up and walking towards the door.

I glanced down the staircase and to my left and right. Gemma wasn't awake yet. I sighed and walked back to the bedroom.

As I walked in, I saw that Harry was fully awake, on his iPod.

"Why are you back?" He asked me.

"Gemma isn't awake yet." I sighed, folding my arms over.

He smiled at me and got his arms out, gesturing for me to come to him.

I smiled and lazily propped myself up on the bed. "Your not mad at me?" I breathed.

"For what?" He looked at me.

"For saying that we can ONLY be friends?"

"No." He shrugged.

"Okay.." I awkwardly trailed off.

We both sat in silence before a Harry cleared his throat. "Erm, well, I better get dressed."

I eyed him. "Harry, what's wrong?" I stood up, raising my eyebrow and folding my arms.

"Nothing." He scratched the back of his head.

"Why are you being all awkward?"

"God, it's nothing, chill." He said, emphasizing each word slowly.

I walked closer to him. "What is it Harry?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me." I growled.

"It's nothing." Suddenly, his phone slipped out of his hand and a picture of him and a girl flashed before my eyes while he gulped.

I eyed him and slowly walked up to the phone, retrieving it. It was a picture of me and him.

I was confused, but then I smiled.

"I just look at it sometimes, ya know, when I'm bored." He fixed his gaze to the ground.

Without saying anything, I ran up to him and engulfed him in a massive hug. "Harry, I'm so lucky that I've got a friend like you." I said into his shoulder, as cheesy as it may sound.

He didn't say anything, but hugged me tighter. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I heard the creaking noise of a door opening.

I turned my head towards the direction that the noise was coming from and saw Gemma.

"Hi guys, you okay?" She asked us.

"Yeah, we're fine." I assured her.

"Okay, just came to tell you that breakfast will be ready in 20 minutes."

"Okay, bye Gem."

"Bye."

*

"How's Niall?" Harry asked me, while folding his clothes.

I hesitated. "I don't know."

"You haven't called him?"

"No." I sighed. "And he hasn't called me."

"Maybe he's busy."

"Maybe." I pondered for a while.

"BREAKFAST!" Gemma's voice yelled up the stairs.

I squinted my eyes and covered my ears with my hands from her loud voice.

"COMING!" Harry yelled.

I stood up and waltzed downstairs, Harry following behind. I sat down at the table and in front of me was a full English breakfast, in the shape of a face.

"Haha, thanks Gem."

"It's okay." She shouted from the other side of the kitchen.

I tucked in while Harry took a seat beside me.

We both said nothing.

*

* Three weeks later *

Harry and I had barely spoken to each other because of the awkwardness. It really got on my nerves, maybe because I still had feelings for him?

I looked over at him. He was staring at the wall, lost in it. "Harry?" I asked.

He jumped, and then came back to reality. I chuckled as I leaned in for a slice of toast. Harry stood up and snatched my piece of toast just as I was about to put it in my mouth.

"Harry! Stop teasing." I said, fed up.

He said nothing.

"Harry, give me the toast, I haven't eaten anything all day!"

He made a run for it. My breathing hitched and I started to run after him, yelling. "Harry fucking styles, you are going to give me that fucking piece of toast!!!"

I could hear him laughing in front of me, so I gained speed. I yanked his arm, but unfortantely slipped on something.

He fell on top of me, right on my stomach and for a minute it hurt, but it started going away after I stared into his eyes. He was panting from the running and his hair was sticking up from the sweat. I found myself leaning in but I pulled away, just as we were about to kiss.

He cleared his throat and stood up, acting like nothing had happened. "Sorry."

"Sorry."

"Erm, have you packed your bag? We're leaving tomorrow, remember?"

"Yeah, I have." I awkwardly tucked a strand of my brown hair behind my ear.

He nodded his head.

"Please can I have my piece of toast back now?" I asked.

"What? Oh, yeah, um sure." He handed me the toast as I ran upstairs, leaving him all alone.