Chapter 20 - Surprise

I think he thought I was going to go after him. Hmmph. Well, he thought wrong. I pulled the covers over me and curled into a ball, breathing softly.

*

I woke up the next day to find that Niall wasn't in bed. Groaning, I rubbed my eyes and peered at my alarm clock as it read 11:45 AM.

I dragged my legs out of bed and got ready. As I placed my hair into a neat bun, I tramped downstairs to find Niall playing FIFA.

"Morning, sweet thang." He smirked in an American accent.

"Fuck off." I cursed.

"Oooh!" He teased in a girly high pitched voice. "Feisty now, are we?"

I ignored him and grabbed a banana from the fruit table and plopped down beside him. He glanced at me as I refused to meet his gaze. "Your just mad because I won the bet yesterday."

"Whatever." I snapped, starting to get up, but he held my hand tight. "You better get ready for our date because we're going at half twelve."

I smirked. "What if I don't come?"

His eyes went a deeper shade of blue again. "Then you'll be punished."

"I'll take the first choice." I grinned, letting go of his grasp. I ran upstairs to get ready. As I rummaged around in my wardrobe trying to find a outfit, I sat down.

Niall honestly wasn't that bad. Yeah, he was dangerous and he had tattoos and a few piercings but that didn't make him a bad guy. And anyway, if our relationship was easy, that would be boring, and I guess I like a challenge.

"Yes!" I screamed, punching the air as I found a beautiful red strapless dress that my mum got for my birthday.

I slipped on my favourite high heels and put on a few sprits of perfume and some blusher. I wasn't into makeup that much.

As I walked downstairs and met Niall's gaze, his mouth slowly formed into an 'o' shape.

I suddenly felt really self - conscious. "What? Is there something wrong with the dress?" I asked him.

"N-no it's not that, it's just, you look beautiful." He smiled.

"Aw! Thanks Ni! What about you, when are you going to get changed?" I blushed.

He peered at his watch for a minute and held my hand.

"I'll get changed now. For now, just enjoy FIFA." He said, giving me a controller.

*

I frantically scrabbled on all the buttons, watching intently at the TV screen. This FIFA thing is rubbish! Eh, I prefer playing football.

I threw the controller down beside me and took a deep breath.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I saw Niall in a pair of blue skinny jeans, converse and a top.

"Wow! You look really good!" I complimented.

"Thanks." He smirked. "You ready to go?"

"Definitely."

*

As I stepped out if the car, I could see nothing, but could feel someone's fingers on my eyes.

"Niall, what are you-"

"Shhh! It's a surprise!"

I stumbled backwards and forwards for a bit before fumbling for his body, trying to find his hand.

Soon, I felt his hand intertwine with mine. "Don't worry, I've got you."

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I answered.

He removed his hand from my face and in front of me, I saw a large table with a violinist starting to play a song, and fairy lights hung all around.

"It's beautiful." I smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem." Niall said as he leaned in. He slowly brought his hands up to my chin and gently kissed me.

I grinned as we pulled away.

"C'mon, let's go and sit down." Niall held my hand as we made our way over to the table.

I sat down and started looking at the menu laid out in front of me.

I scanned the page, my eyes squinting. "Ready to order?" Niall asked me.

"Yeah, I-" But before I could finish my sentance, I saw Harry out of the corner of my eye.

With another girl.

Oh my god.