Chapter 16 - Totally Messed Up

"Harry." I breathed.

"Ellie." He answered.

We stared into each other's eyes for a moment until Gemma's hand wafted in front of my face. "Hello? Are we going to get going or what?"

I suddenly came back to reality and looked at Gem. "Oh yeah, right.. Come on then..."

I awkwardly walked to Harry's car with my luggage dragging behind me. "So are you excited?" Gemma asked me.

"Y-yeah I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ya seem kind of upset." Gemma enquired. Right at that moment I could literally see Harry looking at me out of the corner of his eye, slowing down to see what my answer was.

"Oh, I'm fine." I breathed.

I got into Harry's car, Gemma beside me. No one was really talking throughout the journey there so I decided to go to sleep.

*

"Hey, wake up sleepyhead!" I heard a voice call.

"What?" I groaned, annoyed.

"We're at the airport!" Said the person, shaking my arm.

Oh yeah.

I hesitantly lifted up my eyelids to see Gemma jumping around like crazy and a huge airport in front of us, packed with people.

I opened the door and got my luggage out of the boot, with Gemma helping me.

(I'm not going to go into detail with all the airport stuff so I'm skipping forward.)

I looked out of the window beside me. I was sure missing Niall. I sighed. Why does my life have to be so complicated?

Harry was sitting next to me though he hadn't spoken a word to me. Unfortunately, Gemma was two rows behind me and if I wanted to talk to her, I would have to crane my neck or walk and honestly, I couldn't be bothered to do either.

I looked at Harry beside me. He had a concentrated look on his face, his eyebrows furrowing. I decided to get out with it. "What's up?" I asked quitely.
Harry looked at me. "Nothing."

I scoffed. "There obviously is something wrong. You haven't spoken a word to me." I pointed out.

"It's nothing." He got his phone out and started scrolling through some pictures, smiling. I looked at him suspiciously. "Who's that?" I asked, trying to peer at his phone.

He tilted his phone towards him. "It's no one."

I sighed. "Let me see."

"No!"

"Harry, just let me see!"

"Give up!"

I jumped on top of him, scrabbling for the phone. "Give it to me!"

"Ellie, give up!"

"Just give!"

I heard an awkward cough behind us and realised that everyone on the whole plane was staring at us. Me and Harry stopped and looked around awkwardly. I sat back down on my seat as Harry breathed a sigh of relief.

What did you do that for?" He growled.

I scoffed. "I'm not speaking to you."

"Fine."

*

"Excuse me?" The flight attendant asked. "Juice?"

"Yes please." I replied politely.