Chapter 5- Staring at a Pretty Girl

Chapter 5

////

Paige's POV

I nervously looked down at my navy blue converse waiting for the secretary to give me my schedule. I saw my reflection in the glass cabinet. Even though I pretty much caked my face with makeup trying to get the scar to go away, it didn't.

When the secretary looked back up, she handed me my schedule she gave me a sympathetic smile. I smiled back at her and walked out of her office.

I looked down at the paper and saw my locker number. I found my locker quickly and opened my locker. I shoved my books into the tiny locker and I saw out of the corner of my eye I saw a boy staring at me a few lockers down from me.

When I turned around to head to class I saw the boys expression drop. I guess that he didn't see my scar when he was staring.

I finally got to class. By the time I did, I had received more than enough stares and I had caught some peoples converstations when I walk passed.

"Wow, I wonder what happened to that blondie. Looks like she got maulled by a dog."

"Look at that ugly blond girl."

"She looks hideous."

I snapped out of my daze when the teacher asked me what my name was. I told him quietly but he didn't hear me. I said my name a little louder.

"By any chance are you Paige Hyland, the girl who got hit by that bus." the teacher asked

I simply nodded my head and looked down. He gave me a simpathetic smile just like the other teachers and the secretary. I found an empty desk and sat down.

The teacher started class when we heard the door open and everybody looked up, even myself.

A boy walked in. I didn't recognize him.

"Gino, care to explain why your late?" the teacher asked.

"To be 100% honest, I just don't want to be here." he responded.

The class started to laugh. The teacher hushed the class and pointed to the seat next to me. Gino looked at me and shrugged.

He sat down next to me and looked at me. He smiled.

"What?" I asked hoping he didn't metion the scar.

"Can't a boy stare at a pretty girl?"

That was the best thing I heard all day.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I know its not great but it will do.

byeee