17 - Finally Over, For good pt.1

Paige's POV

////

"Okay, Josh, how are we panning to get out of here?" I asked him looking up at him.

"I really don't know. Do you want to try and find a phone when mom lets us out of here?" Josh asked.

"Yeah sure. One question."

"What is that?" Josh said looking at me.

"How do you plan to get mom, our mental mother, to let us out of here?" I asked him making him let out a chuckle.

"I don't know. Lets hear your plan." He said raising his voice.

"Well I don't know I just wanted to hear your plan."

"I don't know. Look can we just stop fighting? I don't want us to turn on each other. If we do that will make mom win." Josh said.

I wonder what her plan is. I want to know why she brought us here.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I said to him standing up brushing off the imaginary dust off my pants.

Josh nodded and looked around the small confined room.

After moments of silence we heard the foot steps of our mother coming down to the basement where she kept us.

We heard the noise of the door unlocking and we came face to face with our mother.

"Come." She said motioning us to follow her up stairs.

Josh and I followed not knowing what she was going to do to us.

She brought us up stairs to a kitchen table filled with food.

"Are these the kids?" A man asked who I have never seen before.

"Yes. These are the kids." My mother said smiling sickly. "Josh, Paige say hi to your new father.

Josh and I just wave at the man not knowing what to do.

"Josh, Paige go sit down and enjoy some food." Mother said still smiling.

I sat down and picked at the food in front of me not wanting to eat it. I had no idea what she did to it and I didn't want to take a chance.

"Paige, why aren't you eating your food?" Mother asked quite scary if yo were to ask me.

I didn't want to tell her the truth. It may make her even crazier. "I'm just not hungry." I said trying to please my mother.

"C'mon Paige. Eat it." She said stuffing her face with the food she had on her plate.

I nerverously looked at Josh and cut up a piece of pancake and put it in my mouth. I slowly chewed it then gave the thumbs up to mom. She gave me a genuine smile and went back to eating.

I kept giving a look to Josh. I didn't want to eat anymore food to be safe but I didn't want mother to catch on that I wasn't eating. Every once and a while I would eat one of the strawberries or a small piece of pancake just to stall.

I waited for everyone else to be done and I gave my plate to mother who offered to take it.

She put the plates in the sink and lead Josh and I back downstairs.

"So what's your plan?" Josh asked mother as we got to the basement.

"What do you mean sweetie?" She said making her voice sound sick and sweet.

"I mean, why did you bring us here? What do you want from us." Josh said taking a step forward.

"Well, I just want my family back. Is that so hard to ask for?" Mother said circling Josh and I.

Josh gulped and just stared at mother.

"I mean, why can't my kids live with me? They are mine." She said again sickly before leaving the room.

After a couple minutes of silence, Josh spoke up.

"We need to get the hell out of here." Josh said helping me up from my position on the floor.

"Yeah I know but how?" I asked him.

"Okay, here's the plan."

okay, so i thought this was going to be the last chapter but then I realized it would be to long if it was so i broke it up into two chapters for you guys. the last chapter will be up tomorrow hopefully.